newbie seeks ulta reliable led for 6p body

chrisfs150

Newly Enlightened
as title says---- im a newbie (well been visting for ages only just got round to registering!) but im looking for a very reliable led for my edc 6p running regular cr123's

it needs to more reliable than bright (but would like something nicely reaching would be good too!) ive been looking at lumens factory but they dont seem too list lumens outputs for some reason,
any advice very very welcome

be gentle with me
oh and thanks in advance
chris

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff drop-ins are probably the best in terms of quality.

Surefire P60L drop-ins are also very good quality. and can be found for really good prices.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Can't go wrong with Malkoff, if those are in your price range.

If you are looking for more throw, and plan to power with 2xCR123A primaries, you may prefer an M60.

CheepSteal

Enlightened
+1 for M61
I don't think I've held anything more solid than a Surefire with a Malkoff, except a crowbar.
Also put a SS ring so you don't dent the bezel and an extra tail O ring for better water resistance in the twisty tail.

carrot

Flashaholic
Malkoff is the best for general purpose use, hands down. The M61 instantly turns any Surefire into one of my favorite users ever.

CheepSteal

Enlightened
Malkoff is the best for general purpose use, hands down. The M61 instantly turns any Surefire into one of my favorite users ever.
It also makes it look really really cool! I love looking down into the bezel (turned off, of course!) and seeing that brass shell and chrome outer ring.

mjw2

Newly Enlightened
Nailbender's XPG R5 will get u around 300+ Lumens for about half the price of a Malkoff.

Last edited:

shark_za

Enlightened
I have personally had no hassles from the Lumens Factory dropins. One turned up with a pleasent tint tending towards neutral and they put out similar levels to other dropins with the same LED.

ash211

Newly Enlightened
Another vote for Malkoff...the M61's are great, I love the M61 LL....100 lumens for 10 hours, you can't beat that.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yet another vote for Malkoff :thumbsup:You can choose either warm or cool tint and the output level that best suits your needs.For rock solid reliability there is nothing better IMHO

Last edited:

slate

Newly Enlightened
I have Malkoffs and Nailbenders and if I had a single choice, I would go Malkoff M61. The beam is smooth and has a nice hotspot.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
Definately Malkoff. The only trouble will be choosing what Malkoff. I went with the M61L for the balance between brightness and runtime. Now I'm keen to see if there is any benefit in going for the 200+ lumens of a standard M61L.

chrisfs150

Newly Enlightened
Mmmmmm im thinking a malkof might be needed then?

;)

thanks everyone for their replies

chris