Pre-order info about Zebralight Q50

How Goes It

Newly Enlightened
I just spoke with James the National Sales Rep. for Zebralight.
He said those who have signed up for Zebralight's newsletter, should expect to see something this coming week. In this coming newsletter, you will see pre-order info for the Q50.

You can sign up for the newsletter at Zebralight's website.

He also said that the waterproofing of the tailpiece, has been worked out.
And in so many words, he said the battery compartment is one beautiful design.

Myself --- I can't wait to see this thing.

------------------------------
How Goes It
( AKA Steve )

Scubie67

Enlightened
Looking forward to this light also...thanks for posting this as I was scared to post anything more about the Q50 after the last thread was locked.:(

edit* hopefully there are more pics in the newsletter showing the battery comp. as well as the tailcap

Last edited:

Harry999

Enlightened
I look forward to receiving the newsletter. I suspect that the light will be available later this month or early next month if the availability follows the same pattern as when the Zebra 'c' models became available.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
CarpentryHero,
You're going to make allot of people very happy when they see this thank to the link you posted.
A true CPF Hero.
I'll post it directly.
About time. Um... I want it. I want it NOW.

298296_287481151267333_141186002563516_1364103_775387859_n.jpg

Last edited:

uknewbie

Banned
I hope they offer some incentive for pre order this time.

I pre ordered an SC600, paid for it in full months in advance and it:

Arrived no earlier than general release

Had fist batch problems of smaller battery space and a faulty switch, so needed returned (still waiting)

Was no cheaper

Harry999

Enlightened
The Zebralight facebook page has a comment that the Q50 will be available to pre-order in 2-3 weeks. Shipping dates are TBD. That means I guess that the light won't actually be shipped until mid-October at the earliest and possibly late October. The Q50w will be available later than that. Looks like the cool version of the Q50w will be available first.

uknewbie, sorry to hear about the problems with the SC600. From experience I have learned it sometimes does not pay to be the first to purchase any product from any company. In this case I suspect I will wait until late October, early November before making my order for the Q50. That will give the chance for reviews to be checked before a final decision is made. If the Q50w date of availability is confirmed at that stage I might wait until that is available as well before ordering both.

The positive is that Zebralight is a company that listens to its customers and any errors/flaws (if any) will be remedied with customers who preorder getting I would hope replacement products. This is based on previous posts by other Zebralight customers.

vali

Enlightened
The pic shows a rather big reflector (remember, it's 2xAA side by side). It should throw quite a bit even if it is a XM-L

Danielsan

Enlightened
The pic shows a rather big reflector (remember, it's 2xAA side by side). It should throw quite a bit even if it is a XM-L
No, it looks like its the same as in the SC600, there was another picture posted a few days back from the Q50 and SC600 side by side

romteb

Enlightened
Someone asked Zebralight on their facebook page if the reflector was the same than the one in the SC600, answer : No.

Still looks like they retrofited the Q50 with a smallish reflector in the pics though.

Danielsan

Enlightened
i hope its wider then the SC600 reflector. Why ppl ask for the Q50w Version, i mean in the Zebralight Product release list i cant find any Q50w yet, only the normal Q50.

Scubie67

Enlightened
One thing I am wondering about this light is how the batteries will be placed in it so that they are in series to get the 5 to 6 volts needed and most importantly wil it be polarity protected if you mess up in the dark and by mistake align the cells wrong

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC600 next to the Q50. Looks like the reflector size is about the same which means it will be a really nice flood beam like the SC600.

2yl69uu.jpg

Harry999

Enlightened
i hope its wider then the SC600 reflector. Why ppl ask for the Q50w Version, i mean in the Zebralight Product release list i cant find any Q50w yet, only the normal Q50.

Danielsan,

Zebralight confirmed in the thread which is now locked that originally the plan was to release the Q50 and Q50w at the same time. That has obviously been shelved for now because I think Zebralight is having difficulties sourcing quality neutral warm leds that meet the standard.

Another thing is that Zebralight has said in a past thread that the comparison spreadsheet is not complete with regards to future products so the Q50w is not shown although Zebralight has talked about it here at CPF.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight confirmed in the thread which is now locked that originally the plan was to release the Q50 and Q50w at the same time. That has obviously been shelved for now because I think Zebralight is having difficulties sourcing quality neutral warm leds that meet the standard.

This is one of the many reasons why I love my ZL's so much... they don't just throw in any emitter they can get their hands on that's labelled "neutral", unlike some other companies I won't mention. The tints have been so consistent on all the ZL's I own, so you know what you're going to get when you buy from them. I really like that you don't always have to play the 'tint lottery' with them. This is exactly why I buy New Balance shoes (no affiliation) whenever I can, I always know that an 11-4E is going to fit me, no matter what model or style of shoe it is.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one of the many reasons why I love my ZL's so much... they don't just throw in any emitter they can get their hands on that's labelled "neutral", unlike some other companies I won't mention. The tints have been so consistent on all the ZL's I own, so you know what you're going to get when you buy from them. I really like that you don't always have to play the 'tint lottery' with them.

+1. Of course I prefer their neutral tinted lights but I actually don't even mind their cool tinted lights. I now have a SC30, SC50+, SC51, SC51w, SC60, SC60w, and SC600. There is not a bad tint amongst all of them.

Harry999

Enlightened
+1. Of course I prefer their neutral tinted lights but I actually don't even mind their cool tinted lights. I now have a SC30, SC50+, SC51, SC51w, SC60, SC60w, and SC600. There is not a bad tint amongst all of them.

+1

tre, I completely agree with you. The first time I had a Zebralight H501 I was amazed at the quality of the white tint. Even though I prefer warm tints and especially the Zebralight 'c' models I still keep an SC51 attached to my neck wallet. In an urban environment with the background light pollution I find the pure white tint of that light provides the best illumination outside. It also provides a useful instantaneous blast of 200 lumens of very tactical output in case of the need for emergency lighting.

Last edited:

Philonous

Newly Enlightened
I can't deny it, even though I have the SC600 I'm very tempted by the Q50w. However, I think my next ZL will probably be a HL for cycling... too many nice things on their Facebook page...