The Great Flashlight Wash-up

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
Just thought I´d share with you all with what may be the ultimate waterproof test. Today is Laundry Day (in Sweden a holy day, thus the caps). I had spent the day helping run a pistol competition and got home a few minutes after my allotted laundry time started. Stress as if I miss getting to the laundry room within about 10 minutes after the time period starts someone else will take and use my time period. This means no access because individual locks lock the whole laundry room. I rushed down with my laundry-including the clothes that I´d been wearing today. In the heat of the moment I missed removing two of the lights that I EDC: my 3rd run Ku Ti LF2XT and my Ku Ti Volere From the right-hand shirt pocket. Front load industrial quality washers: 60 C. (140 F.) water temp, 60 minute cycle with a 12 minute centrifuge at the end of the cycle. The wash into the dryer and turn on. Abnormal heavy kluckning sound heard: both lights found in the dryer :sick2:. Up to the condo for testing: the LF2XT-no ingress of water at all, all functions o.k. :thumbsup:, the Volere: a few drops of water ingress and intermintent function. After total breakdown and drying out of all parts (nice that this is possible with this light) the light is completely back to normal. Scratches on both of the lights (what could I expect?). This is one of those "don´t try this at home" moments that turned out o.k. All I can say is Wow!

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Surefire 2G (my "at home carry light, not my edc) went through wash and rinse cycles without scratches or water leakage. Good test! I wonder if they would all do that?

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Surefire 2G (my "at home carry light, not my edc) went through wash and rinse cycles without scratches or water leakage. Good test! I wonder if they would all do that?

It's a great test, in my opinion. I had a Zebralight SC30W go through my LG Tromm front loading washer twice, as well as the tumble dry cycles. Had a couple of scratches, but other than that none the worse for the experience. Of course, I had to further abuse it in a 'torture test' - link in my signature line.