My 4 year old loves my Novatac 120P and Lumapower Incendio.

maxray

Newly Enlightened
I need to get her a flashlight! These things are too bright for her. I would like a simple clicky - one mode, not too bright (but not too dim either) and have it be fairly durable, waterproof and difficult to open.

Anyone have this problem or have any ideas? Thanks guys!

maxray

Newly Enlightened
Bumping this - still want to get something like this for my daughter for Christmas. She keeps saying "I want a flashlight for Christmas!"

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
My daughter is 3 and the light I let her use all the time/take to bed is a cheap one that you squeeze to charge up - it's maybe 3 or 4 lumens using three 5mm LED's and after 10-15 minutes using it then she has to squeeze it a bunch of times for about 10 seconds. No matter how much I told her or my 4 year old stepson not to do it they have still shined each other, themselves, or the 1 year old twins in the eyes a bunch of times.... I think anything that is actually somewhat bright (20 lumens or more) might be a bad idea until kids are 6 or 7.

Nobody can really know anybody else's baby though. Hope if you do get her something with a clicky switch she doesn't wear it out just from playing with it all the time. Sliding switch like on all the dollar store flashlights last forever.

If you do want to get her a clicky maybe get a Quark Tactical and program it to only do Low and Medium to keep her out of the higher outputs until she is a couple years older.

maxray

Newly Enlightened
Got her the Quark Tactical - nice little light! Definitely better than whatever hardware store incan penlight that was my first!!

Thanks again guys

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
good call danjojo, ill have to think about that idea ! my 20 month old is using a nitecore IFE1 lol