Found a use for Quark hand grip

Chidwack

Enlightened
I picked up a Quark AA2 Tactical a couple months ago and the light came with something called a handgrip. No real use for the darn thing that I could see. Well I finally found a use for it.
One of my biggest complaints of this light is it's inability to tailstand. Yes I know that I could buy a different tail switch and make it a tailstander. Instead I just slipped the hand grip on and if I slide it down a little bit it makes it able to tailstand. I cut the off the extra and so I just have the one little band around the tailcap. When I want to tailstand, I just slide it down a little and it works great.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never did find a use for it until I cut one of the loops off and put it on the tailcap. Now I can hold my Quark in my teeth without it hurting!

Chidwack

Enlightened
I never did find a use for it until I cut one of the loops off and put it on the tailcap. Now I can hold my Quark in my teeth without it hurting!

Great idea. Cutting off the loop so that it will tailstand is exactly what I did. I just slide it forward a bit when I'm not using it as a tailstand and it's easy to slide back to make it tailstand. Doesn't effect anything when unscrewing the tailcap to replace batteries. Now I can use it with my teeth. Great idea. I'm going to use the other loop on one of my other lights as a teeth protector. Now I wish I had more of these previously useless hand grips.

jerrysimons

Newly Enlightened
Both great ideas! I find my light is in my mouth when it is in use about as often as it is in my hand.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea. Cutting off the loop so that it will tailstand is exactly what I did. I just slide it forward a bit when I'm not using it as a tailstand and it's easy to slide back to make it tailstand. Doesn't effect anything when unscrewing the tailcap to replace batteries. Now I can use it with my teeth. Great idea. I'm going to use the other loop on one of my other lights as a teeth protector. Now I wish I had more of these previously useless hand grips.

I rarely want to tailstand my Quark, but since putting the handgrip ring on lets me do both, maybe I will now - carry it in my teeth and put it on the ground. I'll have to stick to putting it clean places if I plan on putting it in my mouth ;)