need help with edc size pocket light with lots of throw?

grunt soldier

Newly Enlightened
ok i did the google search at the top and the latest posts it brought back were in 2005 and what not so maybe it gets asked and my search skills are weak but i'm going to ask anywho :) i have a good amount of lights, fenix pd30 (my edc right now) a couple pd20's, some 4-sevens, some zebra lights, a lite flux and some surefires. what i'm looking for now is something with big throw and a lot less spill than the pd30. its a great light but i want a much tighter beam that gets out there a bit. i would like it to be pd30 size or smaller with a strike bezel but nothing crazy aggressive that is going to rip my pockets up. cr123 or double A's, i guess if it will help i can pick up some of of the different versions as long as they are rechargeable

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance. ohhh as far as budget goes i would like to keep around 150 but could go up to 200 if it will get me some big throw :)

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi grunt soldier.

Have a look at the DEFT-edc at www.omglumens.com. Supposedly the worlds furthest throwing EDC light. Well, I got one and I can vouch for it's throwing capability. It out-throws anything of comparable size. Slightly bigger than the PD30 but well worth the trade-off.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, DEFT EDC is the longest I am aware of. He will also convert a P60 host (email to make sure it will work). Next I guess would prob be a lumapower set up. Look for a post vy BigChellis on it, pretty sure he made the combo/readings.

grunt soldier

Newly Enlightened
is there a pocket clip with the omglumens light, i didn't see one but maybe it's just not in the pics. or is there one that will work with it. it looks like it has some serious throw and not much bigger than the pd30.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also send in a P60 compatible host and he will put the DEFT EDC guts into your favorite light (with your favorite clip). email him and ask if the specific host you have in mind will work.