QC issue with ZebraLight - now settled!

mnirun

Newly Enlightened
I've just purchased SC50+ and got it after waiting for 2 weeks.

The first thing I've got is disappointed with the QC, I've got uneven/defect paint around flashlight body, see pictures below for example.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

I love the light, but quality control is unacceptable to me.

I've contact ZebraLight via the web, still waiting for a response.

Last edited:

Glock27

Enlightened
Re: Disappointed with the build quality of ZebraLight SC50+

That isn't painted, it is anodized. The color variations on your light are purely cosmetic and should not effect the durability of your light......however, I too feel that this should not have passed QC for full price lights.
If you send it to Texas, ask them to send a replacement from there as well and that you shouldn't have to wait on the 3 week+ slow boat from China.

G27

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast

That indeed doesn't look good. Zebralight normally has a fine quality but this kind of stuff shouldn't but can happen so just send it back they should exchange it without a problem.

Edit: And :welcome:

rayman

Craig K

Enlightened

I have just ordered my very first Zebralight and I am waiting for it to arrive in the post I hope mine does not come like that, I hope this is just like a one off?

mnirun

Newly Enlightened

That isn't painted, it is anodized. The color variations on your light are purely cosmetic and should not effect the durability of your light......however, I too feel that this should not have passed QC for full price lights.
If you send it to Texas, ask them to send a replacement from there as well and that you shouldn't have to wait on the 3 week+ slow boat from China.

G27
Hi Glock27, thanks for correct me about anodized :thumbsup:.

I know the color is just cosmetic but I believe I've paid for it and deserve to get the same quality as other people.

I live in Thailand, don't know how much to send it back to Texas. Another point is SC50+ is not available on ZebraLight website anymore. I don't want a new SC51 replacement with a noticeable PWM. I mainly use 0.7 lumens on SC50+.

That indeed doesn't look good. Zebralight normally has a fine quality but this kind of stuff shouldn't but can happen so just send it back they should exchange it without a problem.

Edit: And :welcome:

rayman
You're right. I always saw people said about how great ZebraLight quality but I disappointed with my first ZebraLight.

Anyway lovecpf

I have just ordered my very first Zebralight and I am waiting for it to arrive in the post I hope mine does not come like that, I hope this is just like a one off?
I hope so.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've owned 10 - none of mine had any issues like that. I think perhaps one slipped through quality control.

Wrecked

Enlightened

You should change the title of your post. There's nothing wrong with the build of the light. It's top notch. A great light. You're disappointed in the finish which in no way effects the quality of the light.

I do agree that it isn't acceptable, though.

mnirun

Newly Enlightened

I've owned 10 - none of mine had any issues like that. I think perhaps one slipped through quality control.
Maybe, it was just my bad luck. :(

You should change the title of your post. There's nothing wrong with the build of the light. It's top notch. A great light. You're disappointed in the finish which in no way effects the quality of the light.

I do agree that it isn't acceptable, though.
Thanks for advice. I've changed the title as your suggestion.

Danielsan

Enlightened
Re: Disappointed with the QC of ZebraLight SC50+

this isnt acceptable at all, a new product must be flawless and shiny without dents, scratches or whatever, thats why its new! I can buy a used one instead and save money. A deep dent is also cosmetic.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast

No comment... Really though... I would say that it seems as though Zebralight has this forum split pretty much down the middle - those who love them and claim them to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and those who wouldn't regift theirs to their worst enemy... Perhaps sometime in the future I may give them another chance... Everyone keeps telling me their QC has improved tenfold, but I keep seeing threads like this pop up... like almost on a daily basis... I don't know what to think anymore... I will give them credit where credit is due - when my Zebras had problems, their CS was extremely good...

Shao

ico

Enlightened

You got the bad lemon.

Maybe since it is not offered anymore, the bad one remained until the last piece of good one was sold.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast

It seems like I see 99 posts/threads praising Zebralight for every 1 that is negative. It doesn't seem at all split down the middle to me. Sure there are a few complaints but look how many here own them....many own multiple Zebras. I've bought around a dozen of them now and have yet to see the first sign of imperfection or quality control. Do I think I'm lucky? No, I think this is normal. But when you're talking about 1000 lights it is expected that a few will have problems.

Overall, probably some of the best quality lights for the money, IMO.

scout24

Flashaholic

No comment, huh? I'm also not sure what forum you're on where on an almost daily basis threads like this pop up... link? I'm off to find out how the ignore feature works... Lots of negativity, and I personally don't want to read it anymore. :)

snoop75

Newly Enlightened

Nothing worse than getting a new light only to find you gotta send it back for replacement.

By the way - did you purchase this in Thailand, or get it shipped to Thailand? I ask because I am currently based in Thailand for a few months. Was tempted to get a new light and I usually get mine from a particular HK online shop, but not sure how reliable shipping to Thailand is.

Thanks.

Glock27

Enlightened

Nothing worse than getting a new light only to find you gotta send it back for replacement.

One could argue that the light doesn't Have to go back. That the light works as advertised and that the OP is upset with the cosmetic blemishes that don't effect the function and/or operation of the light........and that it Was on discount.
My SC60w looks far worse than that after being carried for 7 months. ;-)

G27

Last edited:

Craig K

Enlightened

My SC60w looks far worse than that after being carried for 7 months.

But you would not want cosmetic blemishes on your flashlight when it is brand new.

Danielsan

Enlightened

One could argue that the light doesn't Have to go back. That the light works as advertised and that the OP is upset with the cosmetic blemishes that don't effect the function and/or operation of the light........and that it Was on discount.

LoL, so its ok when a brand new car has scratches all over but its ok because it dont affect the way it drives, its just cosmetical but works as advertised? If you think like that then any new product can have scratches and dents, it never affects the function of a product. This sounds like a bad excuse from a manufactor

Craig K

Enlightened

LoL, so its ok when a brand new car has scratches all over but its ok because it dont affect the way it drives, its just cosmetical but works as advertised? If you think like that then any new product can have scratches and dents, it never affects the function of a product. This sounds like a bad excuse from a manufactor

lol I agree I thought the exact same thing when I read Glock27s post.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do believe Zebralight will take care of you. Yes, the anno looks bad. Yes, it slipped through quality control. Yes, it happens. I just remembered a light I bought early in my flashlight fixation that cost 4 times as much as the Zebralight shown here. The anno was a horrible mismatch throughout the light...and no one thought anything of it.

My personal opinion is that Zebralight has earned some respect, and I hope that we can show that by giving them a chance to make this right by the purchaser. They've certainly earned my respect -

Last edited:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think people need to come to grips with the fact that flashlights are essentially tools. Complaining about things that don't affect the actual functionality of the flashlight makes about as much sense to me as complaining that your new hammer has some scuff marks on the head.