Last Night--Very Pleased with Olight M20

varmint

Enlightened
I came home after driving all day with a 32' trailer of hay and got in a bad storm with trees in the road, I was outside in it over an hr and had my Olight m20, we got soaked for over an hr clearing trees off the road to get home, the light was great, my friends was a joke compared to it, I could not ask for more, no power at home at all, the lowest setting was more than enough to get everything done here and shower, over 1-1/2 hrs of constant use and still run strong, this am it still looks just as bright. I was very pleased with it. I had my 2 Streamlights as backup and never needed them.
The beam of the M20 really seem to cut through the rain very well, it was raining so hard my boots were filling up, without being under water the Olight could not have been any wetter.

nathan225

Newly Enlightened
that is great I love when I have chance like that to really use my lights like that we got hit by a tornado a few weeks ago and I had a great time with all my lights

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting story. This little adventure sure presses the importance for a good runtime (what if it took 2 hours or more to clear out the road?).

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up a M20-X and it's become my favorite light. The run time is 1.5 hrs @ 500 lm, 5hrs @ 100 lm and 85 hrs @ 10 lm.

varmint

Enlightened
More to the story=
I have a 8pk 123 battery holder and had it with me + my Strion and SL20 Streamlight rechargeables which were fully charged the night before in the motel. One thing I did wish I had was the lanyard on the M20 it would have been very handy, I went back to the road today and don't see how I managed to move the trees by myself, just 2 miles from home! The medium power setting is perfect about 5hr I think.

Last edited: