Surefire L1 Custom Parts???

ash211

Newly Enlightened
Do they make a McClicky switch for an L1? Any other ways to customize an L1? I love the size and I'm going to put a VME / Malkoff head on it but I want a clicky switch.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Do they make a McClicky switch for an L1? Any other ways to customize an L1? I love the size and I'm going to put a VME / Malkoff head on it but I want a clicky switch.

Sounds like you might prefer using an E1-type light (E1E or E1L), and add your VME/Malkoff to that instead. Those have the SureFire clicky tailswitch and E-series threading. It will also be a shorter single-cell host. And if you get an E1E-BK, then the color (black) should match reasonably well, too.

EDIT: After a quick search, I did find a few threads where members have gotten L1's to work with VME's, but they do not appear designed for this and may require some moderate "modding" to get them to work together....

Last edited:

Lord Bear

Enlightened
I'm going to suggest that you sell it and buy a light with a clicky switch. The two-stage tail cap is the very reason for buying an L1 and you want to change that?

Sounds like you might prefer using an E1-type light (E1E or E1L), and add your VME/Malkoff to that instead. Those have the SureFire clicky tailswitch and E-series threading. It will also be a shorter single-cell host. And if you get an E1E-BK, then the color (black) should match reasonably well, too.
Wish I had an L1. Don't sell it if you have one.
The E1 body is good with the VME/Malkoff but the E1B because of the clip, is perfect with it.