Can someone please help me with my ArmyTek Predator?

Phil40000

Newly Enlightened
My Predator is a fantastic light and suits my purposes perfectly..........except for the fact that it is very complicated to change the settings, at least it is for me. I realised this would be the case when i first used it and as the standard settings worked for me so well i vowed not to alter the settings.

I broke that vow and tried to play about with it and now i cannot get it back to how i need it. I have read and re-read the instructions on the ArmyTek website but i still can't figure it out. Is there anyone who can help me change it back to the factory settings please? Below is the set-up i am trying to get back to:

I had the light running in full stabilised mode, with the head tight i turn it on and it gives me full power (turbo etc), when i loosen the head and turn it back on i got the lowest output (firefly). This is how i want my light to run agin please.

If some kind soul can give me some simple instructions on how to get the light to work as above i would be very grateful. At the moment with the head tight i get about 50% power and with the head loose i get a rapid flashing strobe.

Many thanks,

Philip

Phil40000

Newly Enlightened
After finding CPF member petrev's guide on here i think i may be making progress............after staring at it for quite a while.

Last edited:

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: So you want to get into Military mode and you will be all set?

To get to Military mode:
1. Have head loosened and turn light on.
2. Tighten head, wait for mode change, quickly loosen head then turn light off and on. Now the light should blink once.
3. Click switch off and on again. Now light should blink twice.
4. Tighten and loosen head.
5. The light will go through a series of flashes. Tighten the head and loosen immideatly after you see 1 flash, this is military mode.

For head tightened mode (line 1):
Have head tightened and in mode 1. Turn light on. Loosen and wait until mode changes, quickly tighten and click switch off and on. The light will progress through the brightness levels, the max mode is when you see the double blink for the 4 time. When you see the 4th double blink loosen and tighten the head quickly.
For head loosened mode (line 2):
Have head loosened and in the mode that you want to change. Turn light on. Tighten and wait until mode changes, quickly loosen and click switch off and on. The light should blink once. Tighten and loosen head. The light will go through the various brightness settings. Select brightness setting by tightening and loosening head.

Last edited:

Phil40000

Newly Enlightened
Many thanks TyJo, i have managed to get it back to how it was (ie in Military mode) before i messed with it. I successfully navigated the double blinks and held my nerve until the 4th blinks before twisting. I realise now that i had got this far earlier this evening and not waited until the last set of double blinks. I think the way you worded the instructions must have kick started my one remaining brain cell, like some kind of neural CPR.

Thanks again man, i sure hope someday i can help you with something.

Regards,

Philip