Whats the best Custom Titanium EDC ever made

Vote for the best Custom Titanium EDC ever made!

• Total voters

egrep

Enlightened
Nice lights, but my favorites are not listed. I do seek to own some of these in the future though.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice lights, but my favorites are not listed. I do seek to own some of these in the future though.

The maximum number of choices for a Poll is 10. Having owned all from the list except the Tri-V (I have my reasons), I believe these to be the best of the best! What "Titanium Custom" would you like to see added to the list?

egrep

Enlightened
I wouldn't change your list. It's *your* list after all. Mine is just different. For one thing you've got a lot more Ti lights than I do. Obviously you own and have owned a lot of very very nice lights. Since you ask, I would have been more interested in a 'what are your top ten Titanium Torches?' thread where folks would each post their own list, like you have here.

I note the quite narrow range of makers and lights represented in your list. It seems that you've developed a focus on a few things you like. That's delightful. Knowing what you like and having it (well, other than for good reasons I suppose) is the human grail, isn't it?

Congratulations on your fine enjoyment of lights! What order would *you* put them in? And why did you choose these and not others? These things would be most interesting. :)

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Though I think the Electrolumen Ti EDC is for my own reasons. On that list I'd go with the Tri-V.

kiely23+

Enlightened
... my Custom Titanium EDC :)
Russtang´s EX Ti body + Taskled´s D2DIM driver + neutral XM-L = perfect!

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't change your list. It's *your* list after all. Mine is just different. For one thing you've got a lot more Ti lights than I do. Obviously you own and have owned a lot of very very nice lights. Since you ask, I would have been more interested in a 'what are your top ten Titanium Torches?' thread where folks would each post their own list, like you have here.

I note the quite narrow range of makers and lights represented in your list. It seems that you've developed a focus on a few things you like. That's delightful. Knowing what you like and having it (well, other than for good reasons I suppose) is the human grail, isn't it?

Congratulations on your fine enjoyment of lights! What order would *you* put them in? And why did you choose these and not others? These things would be most interesting. :)

The lights chooen from CPF's Custom Flashlight Builders are considered their best EDC's. I could have added a few more from builders like PhotonFanatic, Steve Ku, or ...... but these have higher production numbers! If I put them in order and excluding the Tri-V (Beacause I've never owned one) it would go like this,

1 - McGizmo Lunasol 20 (Throw, Flood, PD)
2 - SPY 007 XP-G (Throw, Run time, Programable, Build)
3 - McGizmo Haiku XM-L (Beautiful balanced beam)
4 - McGizmo PD-S (Beautiful balanced beam)
5 - Macs XM-L EDC (Throws lots of light)
6 - Ra Clicky (Programable with nice spot)
7 - Macs Tri-EDC (Lots of flood with decent throw)

Yes, I put the Haiku XM-L ahead of the PD-S. This is just my opinion and I would like to hear from anyone else who owns both :wave:

My current EDC's are,

McGizmo Haiku w/ Gator Holster
p1050706.jpg

Mac's Customs w/ Gator Holster
p1050708w.jpg

SPY 007 w/ Elephant Holster
p1050717z.jpg

All of these will "soon" be replaced with one light! My new EDC will do everything better than my current trio :devil:

stoli67

Enlightened
I know that I should not ask but what is the new one?

I have a warm Haiku and my new PD-s with XML upgrade will be arriving before the 26th....

stoli67

Enlightened
Having never had a spy it is hard for me to comment but I will be putting my name down for a TriV2 :)

RAs are certainly bomb proof and I love the UI.... IMO only Liteflux is in the same ballpark for UI.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried some of the listed and I must vote Tri-V for it's a piece of engineering ingenuity, not that others are not spectacular in its own right.

Although only 10 options are allowed for polls, I wish to put forward other great Custom Titanium EDCs (my preferences) as honorary mention:
Mako
Sapphire
D10 Ti (JHanko/Ku)
LF2XTi
EX10 Ti
Fatty

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I haven't had the privilege of owning any of these marvels at all, so I didn't vote since it'd just be based solely on looks (haiku). But I have to say I'm curious as to what this mystery light is that will displace all three of THOSE in one shot!?
All of these will "soon" be replaced with one light! My new EDC will do everything better than my current trio
Out with it!

egrep said:
shado said:
egrep said:
shado said:
Whats the best Custom Titanium EDC ever made
my favorites are not listed.
What "Titanium Custom" would you like to see added to the list?
<no additions provided, actually prefers a different topic & format>

:crackup:

You almost got me with that one!

AO JAR

Newly Enlightened
Shado, we all want to know......What is the new light you are getting that will replace the other 3 beautiful lights.

I love the gator holsters, where did you get them.

James

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shado, we all want to know......What is the new light you are getting that will replace the other 3 beautiful lights.

I love the gator holsters, where did you get them.

James

James,

I'll give you a few hints, Titanium :thinking: 3000ma :thinking: XM-L :thinking: programable :thinking:

The Holsters are AOTH (Art of the Hide).

Thanks
Todd

scout24

Flashaholic
Okay, here's my $.02- maybe less. :nana: I've been very fortunate as a flashaholic, to have had multiples of every light on this list pass through my hands in my time here, with the exception of one or two emitter variations. Lots and lots of other very fine lights from some of CPF's most talented creators as well. The EDC in my pocket is a Haiku, either tried and true XP-G, or more recently, a Warm XP-G. Just works, and does what I need an EDC light to do. Not to take anything away from the others on the list, some of which are technical and engineering marvels that belong in the Smithsonian, but for day-in, day-out use, giving due to beamshape, output, runtime, and UI, I'll stand by the Haiku. Shado's list certainly includes many best of the best!

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I fell in love with Macs SST-50 EDC the first time I saw it. (2.8 Ti)
unfortunately, the UI was combersome, and I sold it to move on to other things.

Fantastic looking light, not a fan of the clip, i changed mine. Output is overwhelming, especially for such a little guy.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive never owned any of them.
if i made alot more money, or won the lottery i would buy...

Tri-V omg that light looks incredible. the holy grail of lights!
Lunasol20 - would most likely be my most used EDC. simply perfect, it seems.

edit: i have a high CRI clicky. love it. but lately my V10R Ti with high cri XP-G is sneaking in more carry time.

Last edited: