Should I ask my boss to test an E01 vs a CRJ700?

Should I see if my boss will let us run over an E01 with a CRJ700?

• DOOO ITT!!!!

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • NOOOO!!! LEAVE THE POOR THING ALONE!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do it, and have a (free) raffle afterwards, if it sustains heavy damage.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bstrickler

Enlightened
I came up with this idea at work the other night, and realized nobody's ever done a test of an E01 against being run over by an airplane. I was wondering how many of you guys would love to see video of that happening (no, the airplane won't be running, it will be pushed by a tow). I don't mind risking sacrificing my E01 for something like that. You can't get a much better crush test than being run over by a plane.

I've just gotta see if my supervisor/boss would approve of it, first, as long as there's sufficient interest in people wanting to see an E01 run over by a 40,000+ pound aircraft.

I'll give you guys a week to mull the idea over.

Last edited:

americanpiegamer188

Newly Enlightened
I had this good idea once... and executed it... "Speared" a flashlight with a forklift going !45mph. The trick was to jump off the forklift so you wouldn't go flying into the wall as well.

Super awesomely badly terrific idea.

The flashlight did not survive.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
meh, airplane. I want to see you put it on a train track! Now that would be a crush test.

just kidding.

bstrickler

Enlightened
I'll donate the EO1 in the name of science... :) PM me your shipping addy!

I was gonna use mine for it, lol. I get rather bored in the 2 hours I'm just sitting on my butt after I've finished the last plane.

Now, if I get the okay from my boss to do it, and doesn't mind if we do it to two lights, I can have it done to yours afterwards, if you want! That way you can have proof your light can handle anything its put through (except acid!)

meh, airplane. I want to see you put it on a train track! Now that would be a crush test.

just kidding.

If it didn't risk damaging a train, I would, just for grins. Maybe if I see them running one of the service trucks on the tracks one day, I'll ask them if they will run it over (especially if it's a track they're going to be replacing anyways.)!

If anyone has any other ideas for E01 testing, let me know! I might just do them with future E01's and have 50 cent raffles for each light tested (If I make 2x,3x,4x, etc times the amount of the flashlight per raffle, I can always run that many lights through the same test, rather than just making money off it)! Sort of like the "Can you microwave this?" guys, or "Will it Blend?" on YouTube, haha (guess it would be called "Can the E01 handle this?").

~Brian

Last edited:

bstrickler

Enlightened
I've got a big bummer for you guy's (and any gals).

My boss said no, because he is afraid of any slight chance of putting a hole in a tire. I sure as heck don't want to be responsible for paying for that replacement.

I'm not sure how it would put a hole in the tire, but what he says goes.

Sorry for the letdown, everyone :(