CAMO EDC?

MIKENC

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know of a current camo edc light? I did a search, but it did'nt produce much. Not too picky on UI or battery type ( it's for a 10 year old) but would prefer single cell. Thanks, Mike

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore d10 had a camo edition, dont know if there still is anyone that got them in stock. Jetbeam bk135a also has sort of camo pattern. Malkoff md-2 has a camo version, but it's always sold out.

Craig K

Enlightened
There is a mini Maglite in a camo edition they sell them on Ebay for around $12 and they look alright.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a nice light, Overready has some camo Surefire hosts.

If you want a cheapie for your son, just type "camo led flashlight" into amazon and a zillion cheapo camo lights show up.

davecroft

Enlightened
Not sure whether it's a true camo pattern, but I am really liking the look of the Jetbeam BK135a. Problem is, it's discontinued and only a couple of places have it - Kaidomain has a few left. Looks more interesting than the PA-01 replacement.

Xacto

Enlightened
I would go the classic incan Mini Maglite route, LED bulb replacement and maybe a tailcap switch. It is bright (for a 10 year old), not too expensive and can be used "tactical" in kids play with the mentioned mods. With the new LED multimode Mini Maglite in MARPAT the tailcap switch could work too, but would change through the modes quite often.

Cheers
Thorsten

CheepSteal

Enlightened
How about a Malkoff MD2 in camo? tank of a light so I've heard, although my definition of EDC might be different to yours...

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since it is for a ten year old I imagine you may wish to keep the budget in check. :)

Lol, I retract my suggestion, completely didn't read the ten year old part... I mean, unless you REALLY trust him!

Don't feel bad. I almost missed that part too and I also was going to recommend a Malkoff MD2 camo! I don't think it would matter as I have NEVER checked the Malkoff web site and found one of them in stock.

CheepSteal

Enlightened
Don't feel bad. I almost missed that part too and I also was going to recommend a Malkoff MD2 camo! I don't think it would matter as I have NEVER checked the Malkoff web site and found one of them in stock.
Hahah! It is quite a unique looking light, I've wanted it since I saw it. I just checked and you're correct, out of stock as per usual.

For the OP, you might want to get something durable and self contained LED (glued bulb module). I gifted three mini mags to my three 10ish year old cousins and within a few days, they managed to pop the lens out, break most (if not all) the bulbs. I also found out that the mini incan mags will work with the batteries backwards! (darn kids took the batteries out even though I told them not to).