Quark 123-2 XP-G R5 vs Quark X 123-2 strobe speeds

capncurt

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone else noticed how much slower the strobe speed is on the Quark X 123-2 vs the previous gen XP-G R5 or is it just mine? I found a review of the X 123-2 that stated strobe was @ 9.5 hz but found no review with strobe hz measurement on the R5. Does anyone know the hz on the R5 or have the capability to measure this. I already contacted 4 Sevens to no avail. Is there a reason it would be so much slower?

Jondrywall

Newly Enlightened
I have also noticed this. I compared several of the new quark X 123-2 to my other quarks and the X is much slower. I'm not sure why. I don't think strobe is very useful except to help sell lights.

ALWZWFO

Newly Enlightened
My X is slower as well, but I didn't notice until you mentioned it. Maybe because the die is so much bigger, it needs a little more time to get up to full brightness?

capncurt

Newly Enlightened
A strobe can have a good tactical application but from what I understand should be between 12 (at least) and 15 hz. I am surprised 4 Sevens has no idea what the strobe speeds are or why there is a difference. I contacted them both by phone and email.