M61LL. Impressive

Tommygun45

Enlightened
M61LL/VME/E1E

Picked up an e1e from lapg the other day. Have since been experimenting with different combinations for it as the 15 stock lumens are slightly brighter than a candle. Put my L4's head (KX4) on it running a Lux V led "wall of light" and it was alright. Only problem was running off of the AW RCR123 that it requires for max brightness it only runs a little under an hour and gets incredibly hot.

Tonight I put my M61LL in my VME head and put it on there with a freshly charged AW RCR123. I put it on at 5:30PM figuring I might get a couple of hours out of it. So far its 10:20 and the thing hasn't even dimmed. I was showing it to my girlfriend and she said, oh neat, and its cool as a cucumber. The thing hasn't radiated even the slightest amount of heat. I don't know how Gene does it but this has been absurd. Easily putting out 100 lumens, regulated, and 0 sign of any real world dimming. I'm about to go to bed but I'll try and figure out how long this thing ends up lasting.

At 5 hours on the dot the little guy got real bright for a few seconds, then dimmed considerably to about 3 or 4 lumens. It was a tiny bit less bright than my e1b 110/5 on low mode. It would have kept going for a bit but for the sake of my AW RCR I called it quits. What is interesting here is that on the Malkoff website it rates the M61LL for 10 hours on 2 CR123's that come in at about 1500 mah each. The RCR is only 750 Mah, leading me to believe the true ratings are well below what the light will actually do. Either way, quite a nice little light.
M61LL. Impressive.

Last edited:

S1LVA

Enlightened
I recently acquired a M61WLL. I haven't done a run time test on it, but I know it will run forever. I was reading a thread where someone tested it on an 18650 (i think 2900mah) and it went for like 16 hours without dimming.

They are incredible lights!

S1LVA

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Theoretically, two cr123s are running a higher voltage, creating more light and less runtime than a single cell. But yeah, elegant both ways.