After 1 week, Nitecore EX11.2 stops working, until it gets a fresh battery.

zakmatthews

Newly Enlightened
Odd problem that I don't know what to make of:

My brand new Nitecore EX11.2 works great for about a week or so on a fresh battery. Out of nowhere, it just quits working. It's done this twice. Replacing the battery has fixed the problem both times. The batteries I'm using are Titanium Innovations. This brand of batteries has worked without any problems in my other LED lights, and all batteries are from the same box of 12.

Also, immediately after adjusting the continually adjustable brightness setting, the flashlight flickers for about 3-5 seconds before "settling down" into the desired level of brightness. It's annoying.

Any ideas about what's going on here?

carrot

Flashaholic
There's a couple things that could be going on:
- light accidentally activates in your pocket, draining battery while you are unaware
- you are using your light "way too much" and overestimating the runtime you should be getting
- light is faulty and parasitic drain is way more than it should be

Or even a combination of these.

zakmatthews

Newly Enlightened
There's a couple things that could be going on:
- light accidentally activates in your pocket, draining battery while you are unaware
- you are using your light "way too much" and overestimating the runtime you should be getting
- light is faulty and parasitic drain is way more than it should be

Or even a combination of these.

Thanks carrot. Here's my reply:

- Light has been kept turned off in a drawer for at least 95% of the time.
- Less than 1 hour of having the light turned on before battery goes dead.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
But the light is not supposed to do it nearly this fast. Which means there is a problem, right?
True. The huge parasitic drain kept me from buying the ex11. Then nitecore claimed they fixed the issue with ver. 11.2. Try to lock out the light when you don't use it. (untwist the head 1/2 turn) This should kill the drain completly. I would send it back.

saypat

Enlightened
The light has a lockout feature.... just press and hold the switch till u see a flash, it's locked out. Three successive clicks to unlock. You probably are already aware of this....

fl0t

Enlightened
Sounds pretty much like my EX11 used to behave. I have seen two different EX11s performing exactly the same, that is why I sold mine. You can improve your run time by unscrewing a couple turns every time you don't use it, just like jorn said.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light has a lockout feature.... just press and hold the switch till u see a flash, it's locked out. Three successive clicks to unlock. You probably are already aware of this....
I think this will only lock the light from accidential turning on. To kill the drain you still have to untwist the head.

digitalerik

Banned
What a bummer. I just bought a v2 from the marketplace as I thought nitecore/jetbeam had fixed the problem as well. We shall see....

zakmatthews

Newly Enlightened
I think this will only lock the light from accidential turning on. To kill the drain you still have to untwist the head.

I don't want to mess with this constantly. Too much of a hassle for a $60 light that supposedly had fixed the parasitic drain problem. I will be sending it back.