Just a fun Question!!!

dave

Newly Enlightened
I was just wondering what is the most powerful
light not flashlight but light in the world

And where can get one Ha HA Ha!!!

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to vegas, climb to the top of the luxor hotel and you will find a very bright light (well actually its an array of very bright lights
smile.gif
)

Or you could buy yourself one of these (I dont think it comes with a lanyard or keychain
grin.gif
)

skytrack.jpg

A total of 800 million candle power.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to clear desert air, they annoy the heck out of airline pilots, since they can't see the beam(s), and fly right into the light. This tidbit was on History Channel yesterday.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a 7,000 watt Spot light that take 20 amps of three phase power. They are the same lights used for the World Trade Center tribute. We used four on a show recently. The tech told me they light a desk on fire with one at about 30 yards once.
P7240017.JPG

P7250062.JPG

They also have a 12,000 watt version coming out soon.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by B@rt:
fd0cc91f.gif

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">B@rt you have said more on this board with out saying anything.
grin.gif

Where do you find these?
smile.gif

Skyline

Enlightened
The Luxor beam is 40 billion candlepower, the post powerful in the world.

Driving back to Las Vegas from the Grand Canyon, the beam was the first thing I saw from many miles away. Amazing.

lessing

Newly Enlightened
Bah! If you want to burn a huge amount of power for a huge amount of light, you have to go to lightning strikes. They have strobes far in excess of 100watts three phase. That is a strobe that draws as much power as every house on your block with the ac on. They also make 10,000 watt dimmable softlights with this wierd arc like lamp that does not color shift.
How about a 250,000 watt strobe capable of flashes that last 1.5 secs each at only 300 amps three phase.

check out www.lightningstrikes.com

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
sunspot: Looks like you win. I would hate to know that there was anything out there any brighter than that. Hehe.
smile.gif

Oh, wait a minute, I just thought of something that would top it. The brightest thing that is known to exist anywhere is a star going supernova. I've read that they are so bright and put off so much radiation that they can kill all life on a planet that is many many light-years away. Now that is bright!!! LOL.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Skyline:
The Luxor beam is 40 billion candlepower, the post powerful in the world.

Driving back to Las Vegas from the Grand Canyon, the beam was the first thing I saw from many miles away. Amazing.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I could be wrong but I thought they used multiple lights to produce that beam.
smile.gif

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by X-CalBR8:
sunspot: Looks like you win. I would hate to know that there was anything out there any brighter than that. Hehe.
smile.gif

Oh, wait a minute, I just thought of something that would top it. The brightest thing that is known to exist anywhere is a star going supernova. I've read that they are so bright and put off so much radiation that they can kill all life on a planet that is many many light-years away. Now that is bright!!! LOL.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not only that, but if a neighboring star is close enough, the released energy can cause the neighbor's temperature to increase, possibly causing it to go nova as well (or at least shortening its live span a great amount).

For a particularly bright supernova, it may be as luminous as the entire galaxy it resides in. This means that it would be about 100 billion times brighter than our own sun!
shocked.gif

-Darin

Lighthouse

Enlightened
AlexGT,

"I win". Sure looks like it! Glad that Eta Carinae is not any closer. Talk about "Dalmation Spots". Ouch!

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew novas (or should that be novae for the plural?) were bad news, but WOW!!! That is even worse than I thought. A death ray is nothing more than a puny toy compared to one of those suckers!
shocked.gif

dave

Newly Enlightened
Thanxs for all the reply's WoW!!! I was thinking
maybe 500 million CP but !!!40 billion!!!
Las Vegas electricity must be cheap.