*Beam Shots* - Zebralight SC51 vs SC51w vs SC50+

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a Zebralight beam shot thread very recently but it did not have an SC51 vs an SC51w and quite a few people asked for that. I figured I'd throw in an SC50+ as well. All camera settings were locked on manual.

SC50+
213k6xg.jpg

SC51
2uxv7ya.jpg

SC51w
2f036mc.jpg

SC50+
9bdbav.jpg

SC51
315fpjq.jpg

SC51w
2s1u1s6.jpg

SC50+
35n3ms3.jpg

SC51
20zoifn.jpg

SC51w
v4ywj6.jpg

Scubie67

Enlightened
Very nice pics tre...you can really see a difference in the various models

Tsportmat

Newly Enlightened
That's for doing that, I'm glad I opted for the 'w' edition - just wish it would hurry up and get across the Atlantic! (Mind you it's probably already here, held hostage by the Royal Mail while they decide how much they're going to charge me! :mad:)

Scubie67

Enlightened
Uggh...I hate you tre! j/k...I am now wondering if I need to hold off for the Q50w after seeing these pics.I took my old L1D fenix Q2 and shined on my leg and really took notice that it makes your skin look kinda blue.I never really took note of it before now.Even with the L1D it doesn't give true color perspective compared to incandescent or the CFL lights I have bought.

I wonder how the SC51c beamshots look now ,havent been able to find any of those on here.Of course that may be too much of a good thing .I wouldn't want a tint so yellow that it resembles the old incandescent flashlights beam right before the batteries gave out on you

edc3

Enlightened
Great pics. For me the SC51w wins, no contest.

@Scubie67 - I posted some beamshots of the SC51c here. There are more on page 3 of that thread.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thanks as well... just like your other beamshots thread, very nice work. :)

Just FYI for everyone, the SC50+ on 14500 will do regular (non-strobe) output on H2, will always go to H2 when changing modes (doesn't memorize the sub-level like newer models), and is just about the same brightness as the 51 on H1 (just with a shorter run time). My main EDC is an SC50w+ that I run on 14500, and my run-time needs are low-ish, so I've never felt the need to upgrade to the SC51w. (I do really want a 51c though...) :D

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thanks as well... just like your other beamshots thread, very nice work. :)

Just FYI for everyone, the SC50+ on 14500 will do regular (non-strobe) output on H2, will always go to H2 when changing modes (doesn't memorize the sub-level like newer models), and is just about the same brightness as the 51 on H1 (just with a shorter run time). My main EDC is an SC50w+ that I run on 14500, and my run-time needs are low-ish, so I've never felt the need to upgrade to the SC51w. (I do really want a 51c though...) :D

I forgot to mention that all beam shots are using rechargeable AA batteries (NiMh Sanyo Eneloops).

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
:kewlpics:

Enough wait... I'm ordering my SC51C. Thanks for the links, and I like the idea of installing the Quark prism on it... finally a real usage for it and I might not need to order the H51C afterwards... (more money for other Zebras:devil:)

Flucero28

Enlightened
Awesome beam shots. How does the sc50+ compare when it's powered by a14500?