Dereelight?

twdant

Newly Enlightened
What is the deal with Dereelight? I don't see a lot of info on here about it. I've been a Surefire guy thus far, but I just bought my first Deree (DBS V3 with a MC-E), and it's great. Good value for what seems to be a quality light. Am I missing something?

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your not missing anything. They are nice lights. There actually are quite a few threads here about them.

TomH

Newly Enlightened
If this outfit wants to sell lights in the US of A, they really need to change their name. Every time I see the name, this is the first thing that comes to mind:

or this:

I know the name is actually DE-REElight but tell me I'm the only one who sees it as DEERElight. I'd be willing to bet most Americans would see it as the latter. :D

Gryffin

Enlightened
Great, now I'll never be able to pronounce it right again.

Ya, really... THANKS, OP!!!

I happen to be a big fan of the CL1H, it's one of the most rugged, yet most compact, P60/D26 drop-in hosts I know of. All killah, no fillah. Hell, must be why I bought three of 'em...

My original v1, in that gorgeous olive HAIII that they haven't used since, featured a unique focusable two-piece post-and-reflector module, with two-stage output by loosening/tightening the neck collar; Nailbender upgraded mine to an XP-G. That one gets a fair amount of usage, despite its relatively advanced age.

I later bought a v2 in the light natural HAIII, which I used to play with assorted P60/D26 drop-ins for a couple years. I ended up gifting it, with a Solarforce three-mode, to a relative who used a light daily for work, but thought a MiniMag was "state of the art." Needless to say, he's, um, seen the light.

Replaced that one with a v4 in black HAIII, added a Manafont XM-L drop-in, that's my "Honey, did you hear THAT?!?!" light on the nightstand. On high, it lights up the downstairs, AND the backyard, and even got me a complaint from the neighbors behind me for waking them up in the wee hours. I may have newer and fancier lights, but that CL1H v4 has never left me feeling under-illuminated.

I, too, have wondered why the Dereelight doesn't get more luvvv around here. The P60/D26 format has obvious limitations in heat dissipation, so they'll never be quite "cutting edge", but they're also easily upgradable when the new fashionable Emitter du Jour comes out, so I'm pretty sure that CL1H v4 is gonna be on that nightstand for a looooong time.

Last edited: