My very first mod!! (not worthy of the mod forum!)

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
aright!
i was fiddling with my mother's dorcy 1aaa.. and it was making me mad 'cause it wouldn't stand on end..

so i took a diamond file and filed the plastic tailcap down flat so it now stands on end! it doesn't effect its performance at all either!

haha i'm excited.. don't put this in the mod forum please.. that'd be kinda embarassing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

-Ryan

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My very first mod!! (not worthy of the mod for

Ryan,
The disease starts small and grows exponentally! Congrats on messing around with your first light and getting it right. As you sit there looking at the Dorcy AAA, you are thinking about that voltage booster inside...bet a Luxeon would fit in there and don't forget the heatsink!

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

haha yes yes i get thoughts like those frequently..

my two bulbless minimags always beckon for modding..

no money and not enough knowledge right now tho.. *sigh*

TOB9595

Enlightened

And So another soul falls prey to the light
Tomorrow the mini mags with drop ins
Wednesday Ryan's in the WA group buy
There's no going back now
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tom

TheBeam

Enlightened

Interesting. I haven't seen anyone mention doing that before. I think I'll do mine tomorrow.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice start there Ryan. Never underestimate the utility of a plain old file. I bought my baby daughter a PT Attitude to chew on (because she was always trying to grab and chew my SF L4) but it had a sharpish molded-in lanyard loop on the end. So five minutes and a pile of polycarbonate filings later, she had a safe light to gum. Oh, and the 3 LEDs were quite bright. Too bright for her eyes so I opened the head up and placed three layers of 30% window tint in front of the LED pill. Now it glows softly and is safe to chew. Its rated to be waterproof down to 500' so it should easily resist the slobber she subjects it to.

Wilkey