Maxtorch        
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: quark turbo x

  1. #1

    Sigh quark turbo x

    I can't seem to find a review on this very promising light?
    can someone point me in the right direction please.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated....
    "Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid"--John Wayne
    "Luceat lux vestra" = Let your light shine, [in Latin]

  2. #2
    Flashaholic* RI Chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ocean State
    Posts
    3,600

    Default Re: quark turbo x


  3. #3

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    Not seeing a review
    "Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid"--John Wayne
    "Luceat lux vestra" = Let your light shine, [in Latin]

  4. #4

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?321913-4Sevens-Quark-AA-2-X-and-123-2-X-Review-%28XM-L%29-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-and-more!

    ^ review by Selfbuilt. There have been *many* reviews, but Selfbuilt reviews are typically the most in depth and technical.

    For other reviewers, simply use the search box in the upper-left of the page and search "quark x review". There have been loads! CPF is pretty blessed with great reviewers.
    Last edited by mmace1; 09-24-2011 at 10:43 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    ^ review by Selfbuilt. There have been *many* reviews, but Selfbuilt reviews are typically the most in depth and technical.
    Great review but it's not for the Quark Turbo X...

  6. #6

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    Quote Originally Posted by Vox Clamatis in Deserto View Post
    Great review but it's not for the Quark Turbo X...

    Agh...thanks. I think too much advertising has made me merge "X" and "turbo" into one term, or so I say to avoid appearing daft. Sorry OP.

  7. #7
    *Flashaholic* carrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,070

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

  8. #8

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    I could not find anything except some very short posts about it, where are the big reviewers, this light came out in march!!

    this light...
    http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_330&products_id=2621
    "Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid"--John Wayne
    "Luceat lux vestra" = Let your light shine, [in Latin]

  9. #9

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    dont need a review for a 4sevens light, just go and get it if you want it! cant go wrong with a 4sevens brand light, any problems, pre or after sales, they got your back.

    review of the Turbo X? Totally awesome!

  10. #10

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    I already bought it last Saturday should be here tomorrow or Thursday
    I can hardly wait
    just wanted a review to drool over till mine gets here.
    "Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid"--John Wayne
    "Luceat lux vestra" = Let your light shine, [in Latin]

  11. #11
    KeyGrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Back in Santa Cruz
    Posts
    2,536

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    Quick and dirty review:

    Crazy bright. Large, intense hotspot surrounded by a greenish ring which fades smoothly into the rest of the beam. Deep, smooth reflector makes a surprisingly artifact-free beam. Quark's tactical UI is one of my favorites out there.

    Negatives: The size of the head causes a few minor problems. It's difficult to use the clip on a pocket or a belt because of how close the end of the clip gets to that big stack of heat sink fins. The large head also negates the clips ability to keep the light from rolling around slanted surfaces and can make the light awkward to grip in certain positions.

    Overall? Great little light. Very fun. Fantastic for showing off to other flashlight geeks, especially with the strobe. Good combination of 4Sevens design and build quality with just a touch of over-the-top madness thrown in.
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

  12. #12

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    Quote Originally Posted by KeyGrip View Post
    Quick and dirty review:

    Crazy bright. Large, intense hotspot surrounded by a greenish ring which fades smoothly into the rest of the beam. Deep, smooth reflector makes a surprisingly artifact-free beam. Quark's tactical UI is one of my favorites out there.

    Negatives: The size of the head causes a few minor problems. It's difficult to use the clip on a pocket or a belt because of how close the end of the clip gets to that big stack of heat sink fins. The large head also negates the clips ability to keep the light from rolling around slanted surfaces and can make the light awkward to grip in certain positions.

    Overall? Great little light. Very fun. Fantastic for showing off to other flashlight geeks, especially with the strobe. Good combination of 4Sevens design and build quality with just a touch of over-the-top madness thrown in.


    To me, it seems like a green square. I don't really mind it, since I'm not that picky, but the beam isn't as flawless as some of my other lights.

    I like the XM-L green tint. My S-Mini is my favorite XM-L light so far though.

    The head is kinda crazy compared to the very thin body.

    I use it on my nightstand since it's too weird to carry. I keep the moonmode and turbo programmed, and leave it on moonmode for late-night trips around the house.

    It's a solid light, but I have decided that the 4Sevens tactical interface isn't for me.

  13. #13
    KeyGrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Back in Santa Cruz
    Posts
    2,536

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    Quote Originally Posted by 0311Hoosier View Post
    ...leave it on moonmode for late-night trips around the house.
    Same here. One of the best lights I have for that.
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

  14. #14

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    Hi everyone!
    Yesterday my turbo X got here and I played with it last night This thing is awesome!
    The beam is not perfectly clean, but very nice considering the throw that it produces.
    Surprisingly the tint is not green at all, its actually whiter than some of my R5 lights!
    It throws about 100 to 150 yards, and it kills any other light in the house that is even remotely close in size! Another awesome thing about it is that its the same threads as any other quark and so it will work with 1x123..2x123..2xAA..1x14500..2x14500..
    1x18650..1x17670 and maybe more.....I love this light!
    "Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid"--John Wayne
    "Luceat lux vestra" = Let your light shine, [in Latin]

  15. #15
    KeyGrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Back in Santa Cruz
    Posts
    2,536

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    Awesome. Glad you like it!
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

  16. #16

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    i got me a quark 123(2) turbo x also. just got it outta the box. tossed some batteries in it, turned it on and...low. it has a moonlight setting i can use also. i spent 85 bucks for this? i sent 4sevens an email asking them about this. their also closed on monday. i am extremely dismayed at this. low and moonlight is all i can choose, not any kinda blinky stuff or the other settings. the programming will work, i think. i an enter the mode anyway. kinda useless when theres only 2 modes. woah, messin with it, i got it to goto medium! somethings bad with the light. i dont have another wweek to wait for a light. imma return this failure and grab something at lowes checkout counter. i waited a week for it to get here, now this? the one i carry now is 75% dead. hell, my mini mag is briter than this thing. so sad...perhaps its a bad light. i thought they would be checked before sent out on a truck....

  17. #17
    Flashaholic DIΩDΣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    Quote Originally Posted by tick View Post
    i got me a quark 123(2) turbo x also. just got it outta the box. tossed some batteries in it, turned it on and...low. it has a moonlight setting i can use also. i spent 85 bucks for this? i sent 4sevens an email asking them about this. their also closed on monday. i am extremely dismayed at this. low and moonlight is all i can choose, not any kinda blinky stuff or the other settings. the programming will work, i think. i an enter the mode anyway. kinda useless when theres only 2 modes. woah, messin with it, i got it to goto medium! somethings bad with the light. i dont have another wweek to wait for a light. imma return this failure and grab something at lowes checkout counter. i waited a week for it to get here, now this? the one i carry now is 75% dead. hell, my mini mag is briter than this thing. so sad...perhaps its a bad light. i thought they would be checked before sent out on a truck....
    Just to clarify, you do know that the flashlight only has two modes... you need to program which setting you want the two modes to be.

  18. #18

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    Quote Originally Posted by DIΩDΣ View Post
    Just to clarify, you do know that the flashlight only has two modes... you need to program which setting you want the two modes to be.
    Yes that's right 8 modes and two program settings, tight and lose
    "Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid"--John Wayne
    "Luceat lux vestra" = Let your light shine, [in Latin]

  19. #19

    Default Re: quark turbo x

    Quote Originally Posted by 0311Hoosier View Post
    It's a solid light, but I have decided that the 4Sevens tactical interface isn't for me.
    Yes I agree, I own a tactical too, and for some reason, i just use the moonlight and turbo modes most of the time. A regular quark would give you that with just the twist of the head and can tail stand. Oh well, can't have 'em all!

    Great light though. Worth every buck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •