Really worth $1400?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjoe25ss

Newly Enlightened
i don't think you are crazy i cant see where its worth $1400 either but anything with starlingear on it usually commands a fair price

supersuby

Enlightened
Starlingear is a hi end jewelry maker that is probably also why the price is so hi :) Nice looking light but not my style and for $1400 ya i could get a few sweet lights for that much :)

nbp

Flashaholic
I'll take three McGizmos instead please.

The two year technology upgrade bit is kinda cool though.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw these a few days ago and ...... :shakehead You could buy 4 Mac's Customs Copper Tri-EDC's for $1400 :thinking: After a few months use the patina would look similar to the Lens Light :crackup:

fyrstormer

Banned
Not worth it. Copper is heavy and soft. Not at all an ideal material for a tool that WILL get dropped eventually. CPF has many custom lights available that will outperform that one, cost less, and look better doing it. You could even get a one-off for less than that price.

Last edited:

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Starlinggear is really sad. Knife beads...over priced knives...now lights.

TriV is 600 away and blows this silly tarnished copper light away.

I think this stuff is for men that spend hours of time and +100$ choosing a new cologne.

Not me.

obi

rbramski

Newly Enlightened
I am glad you guys agree with me. I thought the flashaholics were going crazy when I saw that price.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
finish looks really good, but copper ...
:thinking:

boasted power, or 2 hours 400 lumen form 2*CR123 already possible?
:thinking:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take a spy007 instead,and with money left over for beers and batteries

Not worth it. Copper is heavy and soft. Not at all an ideal material for a tool that WILL get dropped eventually. CPF has many custom lights available that will outperform that one, cost less, and look better doing it. You could even get a one-off for less than that price.

+1

Monocrom

Flashaholic
No. Not worth it. I also would rather have a Spy007. I'd have enough left over to buy a Seiko SKX007. And to buy a DVD of a 007 movie.

Plus, that light is copper. It's going to tarnish at a very fast rate. Now that's fine if you buy something inexpensive such as a Maratac AAA copper flashlight. But for $1400? No, just no. Maybe if it was aerospace-grade titanium. Then perhaps. But in its current form . . . No.

I'm sure they'll soon find someone who has more money than either good taste or good sense.

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't work for me, I wouldn't buy it. Leans too far in the art direction, and as people have said, copper isn't the most functional material for something like this. That said I'm a bit surprised at the replies in this thread.

Who would even want to spend over $500 for a flashlight (or maybe $200)? Or maybe over $1000 for a watch, or $20,000 for a car?

Different people, different priorities and different tastes. I think a lot of us here live in glass houses, in one way or another.

Foxfyre

Newly Enlightened
I agree with both Th232 and Yawns. To me it's basically an art piece and there are individuals that like them.

Still, it looks kind of cool in a steampunk sort of way.

My glass house is a well known brand swiss chronometer :ironic:, only for its reputation of reliability :whistle:.

As far as lights go I'll keep my Basic 42 XR GT and Warm Ti Aeon, thanks.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Functionally, it's not worth $1,400.

I think people who buy this light is going to do so because they appreciate the art work and the aesthetics of the light. As you know, there's no price tag for art ... art is worth nothing and yet it's worth everything. The fact that LensLight offers LED upgrade probably wouldn't matter to the owner.

I think this is similar to those who purchase highly decorative knives or antique vases. People who buy these items are not going to use the knives to cut or the vases for flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.