Which Malkoff Body?

Rancid Badger

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to buy a Hound Dog XML, but can't figure from their website which body I'll want.

Can any of the Malkoff Junkies tell me what the battery options for the MD2, MD3 & MD4 bodies are please?

I'm an 18650 only kinda guy (not keen on 123's), so if any of the body options will take either one or two 18650's that'd be a bonus.

Also, I understand that the Hound Dog XML is a real thrower, but with a useable amount of spill. Is this correct, or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick?

Thankyou.

etherealshade

Enlightened
If you're a 18650 kind of guy, you'll want either the MD2 (single 18650) or MD4 (two 18650's). I can't answer your other questions though, sorry.

Bright_Light

Newly Enlightened
Your best option would be to get the MD4 body and run two 18650s. Yes, the HD has very good throw with excellent spill and is built like a tank. You'll also be able to run it on four cr123s for emergencies.

Rancid Badger

Newly Enlightened
Excellent, just what I wanted to hear.

And as I understand it (please correct me if I'm wrong), Surefire remote tail- switches will fit the MD4 body?

etherealshade

Enlightened
I don't think Surefire still make P,G,Z,C series compatible tape switches. I've got an old one, but it only works with the old non-lockout tailcaps with the wider diameter button (it swaps the switch guts out with new ones). However, I think there are other manufacturers making compatible models -- the marketplace may be a place to look, or perhaps eBay.

Rancid Badger

Newly Enlightened
I did manage to find someone here in the UK selling the tail switches for Surefires MWL (for over £120) & it looks remarkably similar to the one I've got on my JetBeam RRT-1 - does anyone have any idea if they're compatible?

Probably pie-in-the-sky, but if I don't ask I won't find out.