I'm gonna pick up an L4, but from where?

kinzli

Newly Enlightened
I\'m gonna pick up an L4, but from where?

Hey folks, this place is way too cool. I've had a blast the last week or so geeking out on flashlights.

I've decided that my first "real" light should be an L4. I've looked at a bunch of places and found the going rate to be around $129-139. I'd like to buy from the shop that sells a good number of them so that I get a "current" one, and from a dealer that is good to deal with. I'd also like to buy from someone either close to CA, or someone that ships via FedEx or USPS Priority (gotta have it sooner than later, ya know) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The Tactical Flashlight Shop has the best price I've seen ($128) but I don't know their reputation, and searching "cheers n jeers" turned up nada on them...

So, what's the suggestion? Any must-have accessories, such as a good holster? I've got a box of 123's on the way already.

Thanks everyone...

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I\'m gonna pick up an L4, but from where?

Try TTW (Tactical Warehouse), or check them out in the B/S/T thread... Dan & Ttran are constantly fighting about how low they want the prices to be! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Watch your wallet tho!

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was going to suggest Tactical Warehouse but they have raised their price to $160 for the L4. I purchased mine from Bulldog for $129 shipped, I think was the amount.

Frangible

Enlightened

I picked mine up for only $130 shipped from Bulldog -- can't beat that. Was shipped quickly too.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

The price at Tactical Warehouse is $139, not $160. TW does tend to be a little more expensive than other dealers (but when he has a sale, it's really a sale), but the service CANNOT be beat. It's nice to know that the service will be there, just in case something goes wrong.

I've heard good things about Bulldog too, though.

RevDavid

Enlightened

Both are excellent dealers. I bought mine at TW.

David <><

PS... TW ships via Fed Ex 2 day for $8. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AlphaTea

Enlightened

I should chime in here.
Dan at Tactical Warehouse Has them for $139.97 + $8 s/h and is located in Colorado
Howard at Bulldog Enterprises also has them. I believe he is on the East Coast (NJ?) His prices are similar to Dan @ TW (I think they are friends), but his site is down due to hurricane problems. You can still call in an order to him @ 1-866-764-1300.
I have dealt with both of them. Outstanding customer service. I have called, and have been called by both of them. Top notch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
If you order from Dan @ TW remember he has a sale on for Surefire G2's ($25!)
See this thread

BTW Kinzli,
your avatars are hilarious especially the child and the bald cat!

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Thanks guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TW's price on the L4 is $139.97 - We had a website problem which caused our discount module to not display the correct price. However, the problem is now fixed.

AlphaTea,
Yes, Howard and I are friends and Bulldog is a fine company to do business with! I have quite a few dealer friends on this forum. Kevin at www.batterystation.com is a fine person and runs a first class operation, too! TW recommends Battery Station for batteries of all types and Pelican cases.

I appreciate all your support guys!
Dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened

I purchased a "TW4" and L4 "tube" from Tactical Warehouse. Excellent customer service. Just unbeatable customer service! Dan and I have became friends.
How many venders of ANYTHING have become trusted friend's with you? Pretty rare.

Will

sigp6

Newly Enlightened

I highly recommend Tactical Warehouse. I ordered an A2 from them. They did not have the white LED model in stock so they had it drop shipped to me fom another location. No waiting for them to get it and then ship it off to me. Great customer sevice - I'll pay a bit more to deal with someone like that.

Tom

kinzli

Newly Enlightened

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

I ended up buying an L4 (and a G2) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif from Tactical Warehouse. Dan was very friendly and helpful and even gave me a little surprise. Thanks Dan, pleasure doing business with you, and I'm sure I'll be talking with you again soon..

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

chop, I could have sworn that TW had the price at $160 but I'm probably in error, eyes must be going bad. After reading this thead again, Dan did say that the incorrect price was listed so I was correct, but fixed now.

AlphaTea

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
chop, I could have sworn that TW had the price at $160 but I'm probably in error, eyes must be going bad. After reading this thead again, Dan did say that the incorrect price was listed so I was correct, but fixed now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo dude,
I noticed on the Tactical Warehouse page with the L4, it does say "Compare at:$160.00" Right under that it says "Your Price:$139.97" (in a larger blue font), so yes you did see a price of $160, but that is not the selling price (thankfully). You were close though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MDM

Newly Enlightened

I bought mine from BrightGuy.com (and many other flashlights before this). Always excellent service and quick turnaround. I've never been disappointed.

Spango

Newly Enlightened

I may be too late, but you can also buy from Meridian Tactical. Great place to shop! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

MrMom

Enlightened

With all the hype and raving going on over the L4, I'll just have to join the crowd. The order was placed today at Bulldog. The price with shipping and a box of SF 123's $150.00. This will be my first time over the $100 barrier. I have several lights just below that limit. Does it ever end? Now to find rechargeable solution to feed the beast as it will see HEAVY use while geocaching. Any ideas?

Thanks CPF folks. You always find ways to rid me of excess $. A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money. A flishlight is...

RevDavid

Enlightened

lol...
there is no comparison between boats and flashlights.
I used to fish with a guy when I lived in FLA who had a 26 foot open fisherman. It cost him more than an E2E in fuel EVERY TIME WE WENT OUT!

And that was JUST for the fuel.

David <><

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

MrMom,
The most fool proof way to go rechargeable is with the Pila 168S and the Pila charger. You can get them at www.1esa.com and the prices include shipping. They are a little pricey, but the batts have a built in overcharge/overdischarge circuit. It runs the L4 very nicely. I have a few of the 168S's and they are all great. You only NEED one though as one 168S in about the length of 2X123.

They only problem I've had is that, since they are rechargeable, you're gonna have 'em for a long time. I have dented the top button by putting them in lights that were too tight a fit for the batt. I just quickly (don't want to heat the batt up too much) added a button of solder to the top of the batt and no more probs.

I play with my lights constantly (I know, I'll go blind) since I no longer worry about battery costs.

BTW, their 150S batts work really well in the Surefire 3X123 lights. You need to use two 150S's in place of the 3X123's.

MrMom

Enlightened

Thank you Chop. They are pricey as you mentioned. The break even point on the batts appears to be at around twenty charges. The cost of the charger was not included in the break even point. In the long run, they appear to be a viable option.
Quote:
I play with my lights constantly (I know, I'll go blind) since I no longer worry about battery costs.

My mother warned me about that-