Brigest hand held LED Flahslight?

lupodwdn

Newly Enlightened
I have a number of hand held LED flask lights, like the husky brand you see at home depot. They are pretty bright, but I'm interested in moving up to a REAL LED flashlight with insane brightness.

Can anyone recommend a good hand held sized LED flashlight? I'm not looking for a huge 12" long light, just something 6-8" in length or around there. Any links to the item or the names would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Carl

RCantor

Enlightened
You'll get a much better answer if you copy the questionaire from here and paste it in a reply to this thread with your answers marked, or better, eliminate the options listed that you don't want. Are you familiar with Li ion batteries - the advantages and disadvantages?

AaronG

Enlightened
The biggest limiting factors are the price and the batteries your willing to use. Most 2 AA lights from the better brands are more than enough but there's some crazy bright lights available if you want to go CR123 or rechargable lithium ion. I would suggest 2 or 4AA to start and a decent charger with eneloop AA cells.

Titanium81

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if this is the brightest, but I think it's definitely overkill for general use (if that's what your going for).

NITECORE TM11 TINY MONSTER
http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-tm11.html

theshorelinemarket_2178_49678144

Last edited:

specimen

Newly Enlightened
For the small size and reasonable price I think that

Zebralight SC600, Q50 or Spark SL6-800

You can find a lot brighter but the size is bigger and the prize is much more expensive.

Q50 should be the best choice for the person do not need Li Battery but need the bright light that still in small form factor.

Last edited:

robostudent5000

Enlightened
You'll get a much better answer if you copy the questionaire from here and paste it in a reply to this thread with your answers marked, or better, eliminate the options listed that you don't want. Are you familiar with Li ion batteries - the advantages and disadvantages?

+1 on filling out the questionnaire.

if you just want the brightest without regard for anything else, there's stuff like the $1,500 Elektro Lumens Kong 12. i don't know if it'll do 12,000 lumens like they claim, but it can probably do 8,000 lumens easy.

Swiss

Newly Enlightened
I just got the Olight SR92. Extremely bright and still a very manageable size. Also offers great runtime for a light with such high output.