New RC-G2 with P4 -need specs

landshark92

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Romisen RC-G2 from DX not too long ago because it has been a great host to mod. To my surprise, the LED in there was updated from the original P2 to a P4 that I really like. Does anybody know what the led bin code is?

I want to pop in a 7880 board and make it really shine but the Cree specs say that color temps below 5000K are rated to only 700ma. Color temps at 5000k and above can handle 1000ma. The 7880 board possibly puts out 800ma so therein lies the problem of what the led really is. Thanks for helpin me out.

JacobJones

Enlightened
Ah, it's okay to exceed the rated maximum by a little bit, 100 extra mA will be fine. Some LEDs have been pushed to 300% their maximum rated current without adverse effects, with very good heat sinking though.

landshark92

Newly Enlightened
Do you think they would put an emitter that is less than 5000k in this flashlight? That would seem pretty warm to me.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously doubt they use a neutral or warm white color bin. Hard enough to get those when you want them and it should be pretty obvious. You could afford to overdrive it the little bit even if it was ...you'll have it cracked open anyway so you can check the thermal path.