D battery for a tk70

savtraxx

Newly Enlightened
Is ok to use an energizer or duracell battery in a tk70? Are they the type thst can leak? Wil runtime suffer from not using stupidly expensive rechargables? I mean its $100 for 4 of them if i buy in aus , sort of need something quick...

JacobJones

Enlightened
It is ok to use them. yes they are alkalines, the type that leak. In the long run rechargeables work out cheaper, and they don't leak

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will work on alkalines, but some of the modes will not activate. This is per Fenix, not sure which since I do not have the light. But the Nimhs would likely save you money if you use it alot.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 h 50 mins from three NI-Hms with 9.000 mA --> current draw of roughly 4.600 mA
thats VERY easy ... alkalines do not have ANY chance.
not in runtime
not in keeping the output while they last.

high draw - no alkalines
... easy!

PS: if You think the cells are expensive, check the cost of a good charger - which You will need to get the goodies out ouf the cells
(charging equipment is expensive with NI-Cd/Ni-MH)

... do not buy in Aus, then.
Here, 2 pc. of 10.000 mA Ni-Mhs are € 20,-- max.
In shops!
So online hopefully even cheaper

PPS: how often do You really bring that heavy and bulky light with You?
A 2-3 * 18650 wont be an alternative?

bpollard

Newly Enlightened
i've recently bought a TK70 also, and the cheap duracell coppertops worked, didn't leak, but didn't give max light on turbo. i don't know about good alkaline d cells, but i bought some AccuPower Evolutions from battery junction in USA, very good batteries. but charger is expensive and so is shipping. can't buy good NiMH in Aus anwhere, i looked.
they're expensive, so get rechargeables, and LSD varieties i suggest

Latest posts