olight t20 problem

gokartjon

Newly Enlightened
I have an olight t20 that is a couple yrs old. It is lightly used. I recently put new batteries in it and now notice it won't change modes.
Is there a way to determine the cause of this?

Thanks,
Jon

gokartjon

Newly Enlightened
I wiped everything out...
Is there a better to clean up the flashlight and its internals?

Thanks!

gokartjon

Newly Enlightened
Anybody? Please?
This flashlight is a personal favorite for hunting.. I would like to get it working...

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll try to help. The T20 I Believe has the twist head to change the modes. If the light was working perfectly when you put it away it should be working fine now. Please forgive any obvious answers if you have already tried that.

1. Make double sure BOTH batteries are good. Weak batteries can cause a light to only fire up in a single mode, usually one of the weaker modes.
2. IF the light is working ?? just not changing modes, then I will assume you have both batteries in correctly. Polarity as it should be.
3. Cleaning the light is probably your problem. Clean all threads and electrical connections with alcohol. Female and male threads at both ends of the light. If you have some deoxit, a tiny bit on the threads and the electrical connection points won't hurt. If cleaning the threads good fixes the problems and you don't have any deoxit. Use a very sparingly amount of silicone grease or superlube on the threads and orings. No vasoline.
4. I can't tell you how many lights that have malfunctioned on me, only to be fixed by dis-assembly of the switch and cleaning it. If you have the know how-and it doesn't take much, I would spend the 20 minutes to clean it. If you hunt with this light a little dirt in the wrong place could be your problem.

I can't think of anything else at the moment..

Beyond that I would call Olight. Even if your past your warranty, if the light is not much used and only two years old, they may help you out.

Last edited: