NiteCore TM11 Preview (Lot's of Pictures)

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, I want to thank LightJunction for letting me borrow the sample T11 that NiteCore sent them so I could do this preview.

First time I got to try out this light was Friday night when I made the video. I was all excited and giddy about getting my hands on a light the size of a Coke can that puts out 2000 lumens. I was not disappointed.

This thing fit my hand perfect and is super easy to operate. I like lights that have the switch on the side. Just seems natural to operate the light with the thumb. Holding it waist level instead of up over your shoulder is much more comfortable.

The TM11 feels sturdy, if not a tad heavy. The HAIII coating is nice and even, and the knurling is aggressive enough to give it a good grip. I like the side by side battery style much better than the plunger style. It's so much more compact and easy to carry. It comes with a lanyard and a holster, although this sample light did not include the holster.

The UI is pretty straight forward and easy to use. There are two modes of operation: Daily mode and Turbo mode. The daily mode has low(200 lumen for 18 hours), medium(550 lumen for 7 1/2 hours), and high(1100 lumen f or 3 hours). The turbo mode has one level of output which is 2000 lumen for 1 1/4 hours. It also has a strobe function. All the functions are easily operated with the side switch. It also has a standby mode that acts as a beacon locater light, and a lock out mode.

This light is going to be perfect for LEO use and those that just want a huge amount of light in a compact light source.

Below are some features and specs from the user manual which can be found here.

Features
·The world's smallest and lightest 2000 lumen flashlight
·Utilizes three CREE XM-L LED
·Thermal protection circuit prevents overheating
·Compatible with both 18650 Li-ion and CR123 batteries
·Exceptionally long runtimes using 4×18650 Li-ion or 8×CR123 batteries
·Capable of using 1×18650 or 2×CR123 batteries in emergency situations
·Innovative single button two-stage switch offers versatile functionality (Patented)
·Integrated power indicator light displays remaining battery power (Patented)
·Power indicator secondary function displays battery voltage (accurate to 0.1V)
·Coated mineral glass resists scratches
·Aluminum reflector ensures a smooth and powerful beam
·Stainless steel retaining ring protects the core components from damage
·Constructed from aircraft grade aluminum alloy
·HA III Military grade hard anodized
·IPX-8 standard waterproof (two meters)

Dimensions
Length: 135mm
Head diameter: 60 mm
Tube diameter: 50mm
Weight: 336g (without battery)

Ok, let's get on to the pictures. Enjoy!

T11.jpg

T11a.jpg

T11b.jpg

T11c.jpg

T11h.jpg

T11f.jpg

T11g.jpg

JB RRT-21, Fenix TK35, NC TM11, ZL SC600
T11d.jpg

JB RRT-21, Fenix TK35, NC TM11, ZL SC600
T11e.jpg

And now for some outdoor comparison shots. The distance to the fence from my deck is between 25 and 30 feet. The camera was set to manual with the same settings for all shots. All lights have XM-L emitters and were set to their max outputs. Enjoy!

The Playing Field
PlayingField.jpg

Control Shot
ControlShot-1.jpg

JETBeam RRT-21 (480 lumen)
JETBeamRRT-21.jpg

Zebralight SC600 (750 lumen)
ZLSC600.jpg

Fenix TK35 (820 lumen)
FenixTK35.jpg

NiteCore TM11 (2000 lumen)
NiteCoreTM11.jpg

wakemare

Newly Enlightened
So intense. I mean I'm a little concerned that its the size of a coke can. But with a pouch I'm sure it would feel natural. I can't believe those comparrison pics. CRAZY amount of light

brembo

Enlightened
How easily and securely do the batteries load in? Did you give it a good shake test?

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
How easily and securely do the batteries load in? Did you give it a good shake test?

Very straightforward and easy. No shake or rattle whatsoever. After loading the batteries, the head threads on with a full six twists. It's on there tight and the batteries are very secure.

Sam_0275.jpg

Sam_0276.jpg

brembo

Enlightened
Nitecore made a neat light for sure. It's going to be hard to resist this light. 550 lumens for 7 hours? Slap a diffuser on that and HELLO camp light. Ahhh, a closer look at the tube shot I see the half circle guides. Pretty slick.

Claireandtim

Newly Enlightened
I thought I had read in the initial post that you were out making a video with it? Did you make a video and if so, is it online yet?

I have the JB 3XML and this light is tempting, I have absolutely no need for two lights that are so similar but nonetheless it's something I'm interested in. I agree with a previous comment.. I'd really like to see the TM11 compared to the JB3XML.. I am VERY happy with my new JB, it is an insane wall of light. The throw is decent, yes there are many lights that are far better at throw, but for a good balanced light this thing seems to be really nice. As I had stated in a previous post (different thread) my S18 may be taking a backseat to my new JB3.... sorry to get off topic, I know we are supposed to be talking about the TM11

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Have you tried flat top batteries with this light if it works? Looking at the positive end seems flat top would have issues?

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a pretty awesome piece of kit :devil:- nice, stubby size, great choice of cells with the option of running it in an emergency with 1 x 18650 or 2 x CR123s!! The UI is unique too. I also like the locator style beacon within the on/off button - easy to find in the dark! The fact you can lock out the light is a great feature too. Having all 4/8 cells sitting the same way with postive up makes life simple. Thermal protection and a nice, wide choice of outputs is good choice for this style of high performance light. I would normally want a lower low mode for max runtime but 18 hours at 200 lumens - wow!!

I hope the quality/reliability is better than some of their other products.
James....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

brembo

Enlightened
Hey Jason. I'm going to have it with me next week when I come out to Pigeon Forge. Now ya got a reason to take a drive on over...:)

My neck of the woods. Tho I avoid PF. Touristy places give me the willies.

Craig K

Enlightened
Hey bondr006 how is the throw on the TM11 compared to the Fenix TK35? Does it throw further than the TK35?

Lighteous

Enlightened
Nice preview and photos Bondr006! Thank you! The TM11 is another light that I don't need yet....

Last edited: