annoying gridline

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, you gotta help me on this
I am using Windows XP and MS word. Well, it has been nice using it and it still is. there is only one grip though. I forget when, but there is some gridline shows on the pages, no matter what page, that shows the page setting.
fae64f77.jpg

The lines are faint, but you can still see them. What i mean is the _| and |_ line, that i cannot get rid off.
Can someone tell me of someway to get rid of them?

thanks

PS: yea yea, i know MS sux, but please just answer the question and don't suggest something else like "use mac" (sorry chev /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif), or "use staroffice"

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
Yeah that can be annoying. I'm working in Word 2000 right now so I don't know if this is the same thing, but try going to Tools-->Options-->View (tab at the top) and under "Print and Web Layout Options" there should be a checkbox for "Text Boundaries." It's probably going to look a little different in XP, but it should be in a similar location.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, that is not it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

thanks though

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
Bummer. If you haven't solved it by the time I get to work tomorrow I'll see if I can find an XP machine. I'm pretty sure that I removed that before (installed Office XP on 8 machines this past summer). Then again, my memory is a little faulty these days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif. Hopefully you find it soon.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
yea. Actually, it gets better when i reach the middle of the pages, but the lines show up again when i reach the end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you have a sony monitor?
sony trinitron/mitsubishi diamondtron have stabilising wires in that exact place and same area 2/3s down.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure looks like it's a text boundary setting turned on, like Zenghost said; the program is marking off the four corners of the boundaries. With Word 2000, though, it draws the full box when the option is turned on, and not just the four corners. Does your version even have that checkbox as an option?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
ZENGHOST said:
...there should be a checkbox for "Text Boundaries." It's probably going to look a little different in XP, but it should be in a similar location.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just checked mine, and did not see "Text Boundaries" in there. And it's not lines from the Trinitron boob tube either, so I don't know how to get rid of those things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
guys, first off, the lines were not there before, so there should be no problem on the monitor or other settings of the computer or windows. It is just lately that the lines are there. I am using Word 2002. Btw, like i said before, the text boundaries tab is already checked off, so the culprit is not that.

anymore suggestion?

btw, the annoyance website only provides the problems with windows as a whole, not as specific as the words, let alone the margin.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turning on and off text boundries gets rid of them for me. (Office XP). Try changing which view you're working with. I have that turned on, so it took me a while to find the option again!