Sunwayman T40CS

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Announced in the Marketplace

● CREE XM-L LED, with a lifetime of up to 50,000 hours;
● Tactical Tail cap press button switch, slightly depress the side switch for different output modes and standby mode:
Three modes constant output, hidden strobe, SOS (below is the output and runtime of using two 2600mAh 18650 batteries)
Three constant output modes: 788Lumens (2hrs)- 220Lumens (8hrs)- 20Lumens (60hrs)
Strobe: 788 Lumens
SOS: 788 Lumens
● Constant current circuit, constant output
● Effective range of 500 meters
● Uses two 18650 or four CR123A batteries
● Working voltage: 5.5~16.8V
● High quality reflector maintains great throw distance and spread with an ideal beam pattern
● Dimensions: 225mm (length) x 64mm (head diameter) x 25.4mm (tail diameter)
● Weight: 273g(battery excluded)
● Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy
● Military Specification Type III- hard anodized body
● Waterproof, in accordance with IPX-8 standard
● Ultra-clear tempered glass lens resists scratches and impacts
● Tactical forward click switch with momentary on
● Accessories: tactical ring, holster, O-ring, rubber cap

The new thing about this light (for Sunwayman at least) seems to be the addition of a button on the side. Their announcement in the marketplace describes the side switch and rear switch as having different functions. Unfortunately, as seems to often be the case with Sunwayman, I can't quite understand what they are trying to say about it. They also mention the ability to use a remote pressure switch with this light.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
kinda hard to imagine a 700 lumen light be able to throw 500 meters of light, i own a tk35 820 lumen thrower but at 300 meters, the light is already so faint, you wouldnt notice it much. will have to wait for Marshall's take on this one. :)

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Sounds to me like the tailcap switch is purely used to turn the light on and off - be it constant or momentary - and the side switch is used purely to change modes.

uknewbie

Banned
Looks good. I like the addition of the side switch. I think in most cases holding the light underhand is more comfortable. I could actually live without the tail switch altogether.

Hard to tell from the photo angles how deep the reflector is.

Interested to see more!

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds to me like the tailcap switch is purely used to turn the light on and off - be it constant or momentary - and the side switch is used purely to change modes.

I think the tail cap may override mode settings to max when pushed with the light on. Then I think I also read the light has a memory. ????? I would love it if the tail cap does have a max out put from lower modes when using the tail switch.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody compare this to a Thrunite Catapult V3, EagleTac M3C4 single XML, or Olight M3X yet?

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
@tre, sorry I don't have those lights but did do a 172m comparo to other XM-L lights as well as a M3LT (400lms version) and a XR-E here.