Legend LX Needs Modding

Severe

Newly Enlightened
Ok Guys, I went out and bought the Legend LX as many of you suggested[a really bright devil] and now I would like to get a drop-in mod. I am new and was told by some that the sandwich is the way to go. I would like the light to be bright and it doesn't really matter if it has throw or not. Some are saying Q3L 400 others say 500 and still others say McClux. I do not wish to do any soldering. I would also like a better quality lense to increase transmission. Now I also notice people are saying Legend 2AA
and I have the legend with the 2 lithium batterys. Am I just confused about this or do they in essence just mean the lithiums. The purpose would be an all around usage light. Oh and since the Legend does have such a tough switch, do you recommend I get a Krall switch. Fairly new guy would appreciate your /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif Thanks Severe

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Legend LX uses CR123A Lithium 3 Volt x 2. Lithium AAs are 1.83 volts each and work with most AA powered devices. Both are Lithium, but, different.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hi Irv,

Got your e-mail, thanks. You could do THIS, or THIS, or even THIS (although this last option is not exactly available right now for lack of interest, and thus I could not justify ordering a bunch of the Mag-to-LX adapters)...

But then you would need to get a supply of those cheap $1.25 CR2 batteries that www.batterystation.com has incoming, to run it affordably.

But talk about bright. Up to 7,000 lux bright, all in a 6-inch light...