The befefits of GO BACKon your computer

TOB9595

Enlightened
This morning after a looong night @ work I rolled on home to download some of the free Anti virus appz. See if they were better than Norton that I have.
I installed AVG after deleting Norton AV.
All was well I rebooted connected to the net to download any new definitions....
AND
no connection.
Well this couldn't be.. I was just on
So I played for a while...disconnect the router, reboot cable modem, reboot router...over and over..
Well it must have been that darn AVG.
What to do now... what got corrupted and how do I find the failed item...
AH HA!!!
I'll just use go back to bring my system back to just before I installed AVG.
But nooooo I uninstalled Norton, rebooted several times and what'll that do to the revert process.

DIDN"T DO ANYTHING!!
GO BACK reverted my computer to exactly as it was prior to Norton AV uninstall.

Turns out that the problem was on the cable end and not on my end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
GO BACK certainly saved the day. It's amazing that the system was up to snuff even after the uninstall of Norton. It just reverted so Norton was it's usual self.
I highly recommend it
Tom

kubolaw

Enlightened
I heartily concur. I've had GoBack running for a few years, and have only actually used it once. But that one time really saved by careless (and foolish) butt. It does eat up a not insubstantial amount of HD space, but other than that, it is pretty transparent.

John

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im my opion ghost is way better i have my whole hard rive backed up on one dvdr i can fir it on one cdr with comprsion with ghost 2003. so even if my hardrive dies goes complety broke i can get a new hardrive .then boot from the dvdr or cdr and it will boot from it and make the new hardrive the same as old one was all my passwords and cookies will be saved for website all my seting the same etec etc and it only takes like 10 to 15 minutes.but go back is my second fav