i need a quick upgrade for my Surefire E1E

wakemare

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. I have a Surefire E1E original. Such a cute little light. Lovely operation. But I absolutely hate incandescent lights. I want, nay, need a high output led conversion. im assuming a head would be the best option. But where to get one is the key. Also I would love it to b simple operatiom. Basic 3 modes or even just single output options. I'm not fussed. But I want it to b quite bright. I love the polished look but don't really care. It's such a cute little light and its been sitting in my gear case for ages doing nothibg cos its incandescent and only like 30 lumens. Let me know the best options. Something good guys. Lol

Tommygun45

Enlightened
I am happy with my VME head with any of my Malkoff dropins in there. You can run any 61 series with an rcr123 or get a 31 series and run a primary. Not crazy bright but regulated and Malkoff. The M61 will get you 260 Malkoff lumens. With the VME head though you're looking at around 100 bucks.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
VME head with Malkoff dropin is a great upgrade...

But Lumens Factory makes sleek E head with XPG emitter... First I didn't like the ano on it, completely off from E1E ano (almost glossy metallic grey) but it works perfect... Great beam, tint, great 3 mode with memory (counts seconds OFF, not ON like some drivers before mode change)... E1E ends up being 10mm longer than original E1E but the head is sleek and is pocket friendly... and is $52 with a chance to pick beautiful milky white tint or High-CRI 90 version (awesome tint, too)... PLUS... it uses both primary battery (draws around 1.5A on high, as I can remember when I checked it real quick few days ago) and RCR123 battery...

Plus in another thread I read that Kuku is making a last order of E-tower dropins for E1E for Lighthound so you might wanna check that site periodically... I know I will as I have one more black E1E that I cannot leave incandensant... Kuku is pulling away from making dropins and will make a complete head in the near future... he might be able to make a head for E1E as well, I think... but the size is similar to Lumens Factory head (only with ano that will match OG SF ano)...