Surefire AA lights

Imon

Enlightened
Somehow I doubt this will change much. I'll be surprised if they take this to heart.

However, if they do, it's bound to be lithium AA primaries due to its long shelf life, lighter weight, larger operating temperature range, and greater voltage stability under load. If so Energizer can look forward to a huge payday because if I remember correctly Energizer is the only company making AA lithium primaries. :ironic:

Bobby_C

Newly Enlightened
I don't see why they haven't done this sooner. All their vehicles run on diesel fuels, even their KLR motorcycles.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only see soldiers having to carry even more batteries and weight than before because a device that needs only two CR123 would then have to be powered by 4 AA batteries in order to achieve the same performance. Seems daft IMHO.

tam17

Enlightened
Very interesting Nap, thanks for sharing.

I think they'll go for lithium primary AA (best capacity to weight ratio and good low-temperature performance). NiMH and alkaline AAs would also do in a pinch.

Tam

Harry999

Enlightened
Surefire seem to have built the EL2AA around an Lithium AA Primary platform. It looks like they have the experience already to capitalise on any changes in military customer's requirements. The E2LAA runs great on eneloops as well so I just love it.

Mr Paul Kim also designed the Icon range of lights and I quite like my Icon Link. I'm sure a talented man of his level can build high performance military spec AA lights. By the way the Link runs exceptionally well on 14500s!

Latest posts