Cleanest multi color flashlight?

Lightingman

Newly Enlightened
Looking for something that floods the area with no focus points or strange patterns. Think Orange Peel Reflector and maybe a foggy lens, something that scatters everywhere.

I am also looking for very nice shades, as I notice a number of the ones you find in the local stores are a little dirty, you can see white/owrange tint shinning through sometimes, and the colors just don't seem to be that deep.

I do have a Streamlight SideWinder, it is the best I have seen so far, but really I don't see it is anything good, just better than the rest.

Edit: Would love a AA/AAA recommendation please.

Last edited:

Imon

Enlightened
I have to admit too that the 5mm LEDs on the Sidewinder are a bit disappointing...
Particularly the red LED. The next thing I have is a 4Sevens Quark RGB neutral although these are discontinued I got mine for a pretty slick deal right before they were discontinued. Perhaps if you find it attractive you might convince someone to give theirs up.
Anyways the Quark RGB is mostly a flood light but does create slightly funky patterns due to the individual LEDs being slightly off-center on the CREE MCE-RGB LED. Could easily be fixed with a diffuser on the lens.

Lightingman

Newly Enlightened
Anyways the Quark RGB is mostly a flood light but does create slightly funky patterns due to the individual LEDs being slightly off-center on the CREE MCE-RGB LED. Could easily be fixed with a diffuser on the lens.

Quark RGB, Cool-White is still list on the website, I might try it out. Does anyone have a variety of pics for the different colors?

I saw this one and liked it, but the cheapest price I fond was $220:eek: Inforce Color

Quark RGB, Cool-White: Does anyone have a variety of pics for the different colors? and a link to a place that sells them for relatively cheap?

Any other recommendations?

bkumanski

Enlightened
I have an Inforce 9vx (300 lumen white only). If the build quality is as good as mine, the Inforce color should be bulletproof. Plus, I really like the switch (no clickies to wear out). It isn't as bright (stated lumens) as the white only, but all three colors have three brightness levels. Good flood from what I've seen.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
LA police gear has Surefire Kroma on closeout for $170 in stock.

I've been talking myself out of it for a month but will give in soon.

Illum

Flashaholic
Quark RGB warm white would likely be my vote, but its more of a novelty than a serious illumination instrument.... too many modes, nonlinear logic [retires turning off times to set modes], and again, too many modes that requires a two handed operation to cycle around. Surefire Kroma would be a second vote, mainly because I have never owned one so I cannot speak on its behalf in regards to UI and user satisfaction.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire E2E + F0[x] color filter of your choice + diffuser film from CPF Marketplace?