small, powerful and cheap

Colonel_GJM

Newly Enlightened
Hi CPF'ers,

I am looking for a new flashlight and I'm thinking of the following 'specs'
(by the way, I'm Dutch, so it's possible I don't have access to all the suggested brands)

- about 100 euro's, so that's 135 USD
- high lumen, 500 or up
- small enough to be carried in a holster on my belt
More or less, a everyday flashlight with lots of power! I think you call it a EDC?

Flashlights I have looked at myself are the:
- Fenix TK21
- Fenix TK12/15
- Olight M20S-X (best choice so far)

grtz,

Colonel_GJM

jayy42

Newly Enlightened
I'm in a similar boat - although I think I'd prefer slightly smaller size rather than maximum lumens.

I'm considering this one:

Jetbeam RRT-0 XM-L

Compact, 1xCr123, Cree XM-L, Infinitely Variable Brightness, 500+ lumens. Comes in under your budget.

dosei-45

Newly Enlightened
EagleTac T20C MKII XM-L (very versatile light)

Zebralight SC600 (very small, very bright)

Spark SL6-800CW XM-L T6

Fenix TK35 (large, but comes with a belt holster...crazy bright)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
EagleTac T20C MKII XM-L (very versatile light)

Zebralight SC600 (very small, very bright)

Spark SL6-800CW XM-L T6

Fenix TK35 (large, but comes with a belt holster...crazy bright)

+1 on the TK35. I dont exactly EDC it on my belt, but i have it in my pack which i bring everyday. Fantastic brightness, long runtimes even on 100+ lumens (about 15 hours) I own other lights too, but this one is one of my favorites.

AutoTech

Enlightened
Small, powerful and cheap.. Olight i6 packs a punch! It looks to be on the small side of this type of light and is very cheap, comes in about $58 delivered on 4sevens site (with cpf discount)

Depending on your definition of cheap the thrunite TN11 looks an amazing light, probably my next purchase.. Or do I want the scorpion with turbo? Hmm, decisions, decisions!

Take a look at the Shiningbeam S-Mini. I carry one as my EDC. It fits easily ito a front pocket, even wearing dress slacks. Uses an 18650 li-ion cell, or 2xCR123, or 2xRCR123 cells. Has three modes (L-M-H). The last setting used is memorized, and will return to that same setting when reactivated. About US$45 plus shipping. Produces 400 lumens at the emitter on high. Light weight. Well made. Reliable. Ruler-straight curent regulation.

Good luck in choosing. Let us know what light you pick.

And remember the flashaholic's unofficial motto...when in doubt, get both!

Colonel_GJM

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody,

I think the credits go to mr. Candle Lamp, I chose the Defier X1!
Looked at some beamshots and it looked very good in it's priceclass.
I doubted between the Defier X1 and a Lumintop TD15X, but the Lumintop was quite a bit more expensive, a difference that I couldn't find back in the beamshots and I'm a flashlight-noob, so I don't have any CR123 or 18650 laying around, adding to the total costs!
Also a lot of flashlights we're 'rejectend' because of their availlability in the Netherlands.

(And let's be honest.....the Defier X1 is a looker!)

thnx for all of your sugestions

BWX

Enlightened
Small, powerful and cheap.. Olight i6 packs a punch! It looks to be on the small side of this type of light and is very cheap, comes in about $58 delivered on 4sevens site (with cpf discount)

Depending on your definition of cheap the thrunite TN11 looks an amazing light, probably my next purchase.. Or do I want the scorpion with turbo? Hmm, decisions, decisions!

I bought the Olight i6 Paladin from Goinggear.com a few weeks ago. It's crazy bright with amazing runtimes and awesome tint. I love it!! Trying to get the word out- what a bargain!

bedazzLED

Enlightened
I agree with dosei-45 (although the TK35 is getting a little big as an EDC). I would like to add one more to the list, the Eagletac D25LC2. This is one very nice light and falls within the criteria you specified (OK, lumens are only 493 so fall's a little short). If you feel like waiting a while, the up-coming Zebralight Q50 looks pretty good.

Colinsdad

Newly Enlightened
Ever given any of the Lumapower products a look? I recently purchased a Lumapower EX-2 and have to say I am VERY impressed with its output and functioning! http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?252336-D-mini-EX2-Power-Up-to-600-Lumens

If you just want something thats cheap that you can EDC, I carry a Titanium Innovations IlluminaTi- it works just fine with either AAA, or 10440's, as long as you use HIGH judiciously with the latter.