M*g ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Many of us think they are some of the best built and toughest lights you can get your hands on.

BUT. They put out some of the most useless beams of any light you can find. I emailed them and they thumbed their nose at me. And the company just loves to STOMP on any company they can for using any feature a M*g has.Go to their website and see for yourself.

So I and many of us will not spell out M*gl!te.

Any more questions?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
JackBlades-

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.
wink.gif

There has been discussion of how the owner of MadBites treated his "ex-wife" when she left him and how he used a law firm to I believe put his "ex-step sons" out of business when they started a flashlight company attempting to get rid of the black hole in the beam.

Someone else here said this about MadBites: "Selling flashlights is a sideline for M*g L*te to fund their real business which is litigation"
icon13.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
all the above is true. however, %99 of folks think they are the best light out there because of saturation marketing and buy them. or buy a cheapo light that will break when you drop it. i used to think m@g was the shiznit before i woke up.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglica has sued just about every other flashlight manufacturer for various "patent infringements."

If he can't patent something (i.e. a textured reflector) then he won't incorporate it into a Maglite.

This, BTW, is being moved to Cafe...

--dan

Darkaway

Enlightened
I have seen a certain American flashlight manufacturer and its products referred to as M*g, M*n*m*g, M**, etc. etc. in this forum. Has this company done somethig to offend some members of this forum? Is it for legal reasons? Why is it seemingly taboo to spell this three letter word???

I checked the search engine and found no references to this practice. I'm relatively new here so maybe some of you old hands can tell me what's up.
confused.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Darkaway:
I have seen a certain American flashlight manufacturer and its products referred to as M*g, M*n*m*g, M**, etc. etc. in this forum. Has this company done somethig to offend some members of this forum? Is it for legal reasons? Why is it seemingly taboo to spell this three letter word???

I checked the search engine and found no references to this practice. I'm relatively new here so maybe some of you old hands can tell me what's up.
confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">from what i've gathered, some do it like Magl!te is a cuss word, because of the fact of them being overrated flashlights and there being ALOT of better flashlights out there that or more commonly praised on this forum.

i think some people might also do it because, from what i think i've heard/understand, Magl!te had filed a lawsuit of some sort against another flashlight company, so it's kinda like Sarcasm.

that's my take on it

Status
Not open for further replies.