Arc LS storage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
What is the best procedure to store an Arc LS for about a month or so? Would it be o.k. to leave the battery in? I realize lithiums are pretty stable, but what about leaving it in an emergency kit that may remain unused for quite awhile. I don't want to have to clean up a leaky battery from the inside of my LS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Thanks!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
people have left their lithium batteries in lights for years without any problems. i don't think i've ever heard of or had a lithium battery leak on me before so yes, you should be able to store the battery in your arc LS for as long as you like. i only take the lithium batteries out of my lights when they're used up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
nightgaunt,

Let me put it this way: my SF D2 came with two SF123 lithium batteries already installed. Also, my Arc LS came with the 123 installed as well. No worries.

However, on a related note, here's something I do wonder/worry about: suppose during the hot humid summer you load up your Arc LS with a fresh battery and throw it in the glove box of your car. Wow. Great you are pre-pared! But wait! When you next go to use it, it is late fall or early winter and all of that moisture in the air in the light has condensed out, right? Wouldn't it condense out onto and into the electronics? Has anyone ever had this problem? Is it a problem? It's got to be, right? Where else can the moisture go? The light is waterproof to 50 meters.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I suppose you could store the light disassembled, or open it periodically during the change of seasons. Perhaps you could throw a few silica gel balls inside? I wouldn't want to do this, personally, but would it work?

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont recall ever seeing a 123 leak.
i wont leave alks in anything long term.
and moisture from trapped air in the ls can be ignored.
wont be a problem unless you change your battery at the bottom of the pool.dont laugh a cpf member did this to an arc aaa!

Status
Not open for further replies.