Surefire LX2 Modding

Tedfs

Newly Enlightened
Just was wondering if anyone might know what other Surefire tail caps are compatible with the LX2.

I've successfully replaced the emitter with an XML, which works pretty well for a while.
However, it seems the electronics in the tail cap are interfering with the driver I used and causing some conflicts on mode changes.

The original tail cap is disassembled and I'm in the process of hand grinding a McClicky switch to fit but would really like to know if there are other options out there for some Lego action. Maybe I can avoid the hand grinding if there's a tail cap with a switch already out there that will work with the LX2.

Any thoughts or suggestions ?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
No other options for this. Others have looked. I believe somebody has done what you are doing with a clicky, but it is a cut & hack job as you are finding out.
I took the lego route and use an LX2 clip on an E2 body with regular E-series clicky tail cap for my multi-mode E heads. My most recent is a Neutral XR-E driven by a 3-mode 1.2A ShiningBeam driver.

Erzengel

Enlightened
I agree with Blindasabat, using standard e-series body and selling the LX2 body will be far cheaper for You. Ther surely are some folks out there who have some nice ideas for using a LX2 switch with a different flashlight head.
If You absolutely want to stay with the body, You can try removing the resistors in the tailcap. This should convert it into a simple one level tailcap.