Neutral 3C tint XM-L for DBS & CL1H

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Got a note from Alan at Dereelight and they have sourced neutral XM-L 3C tint.
These are the full pull T6 bin units

Not too warm/not too cool...tint :)

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Hopefully I can get a p60 with this emitter for my Javelin. It'll be my first xml based light.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully I can get a p60 with this emitter for my Javelin. It'll be my first xml based light.

+

Just use 2x14500 and you should be fine, can't see why not.:naughty:
3Volts on two AA may not be enough juice.

//// //

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I haven't taken the plunge to li ions yet. I guess I need to get with the program ehh? To my knowledge the javelin uses the .8-4.2volt drop in with the lower voltage disabled. I'm pretty sure I messed that up but I think I'm close.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Zebralight SC600 with this emitter (modded of course) in route to me now....can't wait. I think this is going to be a really nice tint. :cool:

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I have a Zebralight SC600 with this emitter (modded of course) in route to me now....can't wait. I think this is going to be a really nice tint. :cool:
I thought long and hard about picking that light up.

Off topic but Popeyes is waaaaaayy better..:naughty:

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I exchanged a few emails Alan last night and ended up ordering a 3c xml drop in for my Javelin. I'm assuming it will be driven at 1 amp like the other Javelin P60s.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I exchanged a few emails Alan last night and ended up ordering a 3c xml drop in for my Javelin. I'm assuming it will be driven at 1 amp like the other Javelin P60s.

+

Did you get the standard XM-L drop-in or something else?

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I said it was for a Javelin and he said he would take care of it. I think the only difference is its driven at 1 amp but don't quote me on that. I ordered it with an OP reflector if anyones cares.

Enlightened
hi. 3c tint is definitely good news. any approximate lux@1m for this tint and the original cool white tint? thanks

Hi bro.... I will be receiving my NW 3C tint DRY light and i can compare it with 5A3 NW and also i'd believe 1A CW. Ceiling bounce is best. 3D is best but i'll make do. With my 3C NW Xeno E03, there is a wee wee bit of green tint on the lowest level.

BTW, i just measured that my XR-E R2 pill is the 1.5amps version, I had to push it in (like what a spring would do) and it jumped from 1.2A plus to 1.48A. You received yours yet?

amraspalantir

Newly Enlightened
Hi bro. nice to hear good results on your 1.5amp pill.Just waiting for my next pay check before ordering.i assume your using 1x18650?have you tried 2xcr123( or rc123's) i heard its brighter.

Darn green tint!...even nuetral whites dont escape them.:shakehead

Enlightened
Hi bro. nice to hear good results on your 1.5amp pill.Just waiting for my next pay check before ordering.i assume your using 1x18650?have you tried 2xcr123( or rc123's) i heard its brighter.

Darn green tint!...even nuetral whites dont escape them.:shakehead

I ordered the low voltage pill. But it's a fun light, so i get round that with charging my cells to 4.2V and it holds quite a few minutes at that level before even starting to droop. I still do get over 60k on the lux meter which is about right. But yes get the 2 x RCR123A if that bothers you. BTW, someone bought the 1.5A pill and i believe it's the WH tint, which is slightly on the side of green and yellow. Do check with Alan and see....there is another tint which is more like white.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can find the 3C tint on the Cree chart (thanks for the link in the first post, orbital), but I can't find "E3" tint. How does the "T6 Flux E3 XM-L Neutral 5000k" compare with the 3C this thread concerns?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

On Highest setting below:

Solarforce XM-l <4.2V vs. Dereelight 3C XM-L

The Solarforce looks green,, it is not. Its the camera

When the 3C XM-L is driven at 2.5A it looks very white.
~ Where you really see the difference is on the lower modes, its a nice cozy neutral:drool:

^ 3C on Med. for the Dereelight 3SM

Last edited:

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
Anyone tried the Dereelight XM-L in the Javelin with 3xAA's?

I have a perfectly good working 3SD XP-G R5, any advantage to moving to the XM-L?

Really, I'm looking for someone to talk me out of the upgrade.... somebody stop me.