New Fenix MC11 review / pictures & video

saypat

Enlightened
Hello. This is a review of a flashlight I won from FenixOutfitters.com here at CPF Marketplace. I am really enjoying this light, it just might be my favorite.

65406094.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

The light included the usual, a manual, spare o ring, lanyard, warranty card, but this light comes with an attachable flip-up/down diffuser, pretty cool. The light uses (1) AA battery, or a NiMH rechargeable, but not a 14500. It has 3 modes, low, medium, high, with memory and an SOS and strobe mode as well. The head is adjustable to 7 different positions! Very functional. It has a pocket clip and another wire clip for hanging the light. Both these clips are removable. For runtimes and outputs please check the Fenix website. Pictures follow...

19080625.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

low mode

medium mode

high mode

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

high mode with diffuser

This is a very handy light, useful for many scenarios. I like the simple user interface. It has a strobe and SOS but for those who dislike those they are tucked out of the way. Great light for camping. With the adjustable head and the ability to be hung from anything, you could have light anywhere. Thank you Fenix for a great product.

patrick

Last edited by a moderator:

1jono

Newly Enlightened
Nice review,thanks.
Haven't really taken much notice of the Fenix MC series lights before but after your review I fancy getting one!

Harry999

Enlightened
Thanks for the review. I looked at the MC11 a couple of months ago and thought my Zebralight H501 or H51c already met that niche for me. What I have realised now is that the MC11 will make an ideal 'desk lamp' in my office this winter. It has those weird motion sensors so if you are seated in the wrong place and others have left for the day you can find yourself suddenly sitting in a very badly lit area.

While I would not wear a headlamp in my office I have no problem sticking the MC11 on the desk and then directing the light exactly where I need it. I will see in a couple of days how well it meets that role. I've just ordered one. :)

Ian_M

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, my first post on here on CPF and I'd like to know if there is any other flashlight available that's very similar to the Fenix MC11?

It does look very useful due to the adjustable head and hanger, and I like that it has the diffuser attachment as well (I don't like any sort of hot spot.) I am probably going to choose this as a general household flashlight, and to use while I do a fairly substantial cabling and rewiring job in my attic. The only negatives I can see are: that it's a little expensive in the UK, but that will only be a problem if I don't like it for any reason, and that the lamp is a little cool blue/green judging by the photos on this user review (thanks for the photos saypat.) Ideally I would prefer something a little warmer, or more natural coloured, but perhaps I'm asking for the impossible?

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review. I looked at the MC11 a couple of months ago and thought my Zebralight H501 or H51c already met that niche for me. What I have realised now is that the MC11 will make an ideal 'desk lamp' in my office this winter. It has those weird motion sensors so if you are seated in the wrong place and others have left for the day you can find yourself suddenly sitting in a very badly lit area.

While I would not wear a headlamp in my office I have no problem sticking the MC11 on the desk and then directing the light exactly where I need it. I will see in a couple of days how well it meets that role. I've just ordered one. :)

If they ever make one in neutral white, I will buy one for the glove box. It's too big for pocket EDC.

The Zebralight H headlamp can be used as a desk lamp too.
ForDeanH3.jpg

PanoDesklamp.jpg

Harry999

Enlightened
david1,

I agree with you about the Zebralights and I do use them for that purpose occasionally. I find the MC11 does have one advantage for focused reading of technical material. That R2 led has more throw than the XP-G version of the Zebralights and less spill so is more useful for me in the office environment. At home I normally have my H501 or H501w in headlamp mode for all leisure reading!

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
saypat: Nice mini-review. Well done, especially with the video (which adds a lot of value to the review, in my opinion).

toobig

Newly Enlightened
New Fenix MC11-Weak Tube Body?

The Fenix MC11 is a handy flashlight. To date I've bought three of them. They were purchased as travel flashlights to take with me overseas. The adjustable head is a great feature making it easy to put light right where you want it.
Please be aware that the tube body can't take a lot of sideways pressure which explains why I've purchased three.
My first one was broken in half after tossing it in a suitcase cushioned between shirts. I then began stowing the second one inside a shoe for protection and it still got cracks in the tube body. My third one now remains at home for power outages and my new travel light is the ZebraLight H52Fw. The technology just keeps getting better and better.

Please do not change the thread title - Norm

Last edited by a moderator: