E03 xeno came in today :) new EDC

Tony1446

Newly Enlightened
:twothumbsI got the E03 xeno light in today man I like this little light I got the tri-black xml-t5 it is ultra compact and looks good the finger cut outs work well i didnt know if I would like them but it feels good in hand for a small light. Threads are varry nice they are not fine like most lights about 4 turns and the tail cap pops right off. It has two springs gold plated inside of tube looks great and no battery flopping around 14500 fits well. All the E03's have there own id numbers kind of cool if u ask me. knurling feels good its just right no problems going into my pocket but I can still get a good grip on it. 3 mode 1 mode med. 2nd low and 3 is hi no sos no strobe and im good with that Im not big on the strobe I have never had the need for it. I like my light to go to hi as the 1 mode but the med. on this light is great no to much not to little so im gonna let it slide I think its about 80 lms on med. maybe alittle more I dont have a lux meter. glass is nice and clear nothing I can see but clear glass. orange peel reflector works well almost no ring on outer ring of light on a wall about 8ft away.loveing the glow in the dark o-ring. o almost forgot the tail cap has 2 o-rings. came with extra switch and o-rings. Im happy for less than 30.00usd its well worth it. im going to try this as my new edc light for a few weeks and see how it gos il keep u posted lol. this is my first review so hope i did well lol. Im gonna get some beem shots soon.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, welcome to CPF Tony1446! It's great to read the enthusiasim that you have for this light. I've handled one at a CPF get-toghther, and it really seems like a great light, especially for the price. Did you get the neutral tint version?
I have a Jetbeam that I edc'ed for a long time, and I got used to having it come on at medium mode. Don't forget, the medium on the E03 is brighter than a lot of single AA's are on High anyway. Certainly that's the case for lights from just a few years ago. THe one I saw also had the removeable beam diffuser, which made it a good area light.

Take care,
Thrifty

Tony1446

Newly Enlightened
yea I like the look of the t-5 neutral. I have a ultrafire c8 xml t6 cool and like it to but the t5 makes things pop looks more 3d I guess u could say. You know full blast is only cool when you show you friends lol. I use med. more. I work on motorcycles in my free time and sometimes I run my lights for log periods of time running a AA on med. or low too keep heat down seems to work. I think im gonna get the diffuser for working EMS and Fire dept. im thinking it will work well for directing traffic. its just a good cheep little light couldnt be more happy. Thanks for the warm welcome.
I hope I get to go a review on mac's edc xml soon lol but it will not be my edc dont want to loose it. afew more weeks Im gonna try too get one.

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
Grats and welcome I love my e03 neutral and on 14500's it's a screamer indeed! Have fun here!

AutoTech

Enlightened
Interesting you say about the med mode being not too much, not too litlle. The med on my e03 is almost indistinguishable from high, it's way too bright for a med mode. Maybe mine's faulty?

I really like the little light, only thing that isn't that great is the anodising. It looks the part but it's not that durable, I've carried mine on one walk out with my son and managed to scratch the body in a couple of places after it had a quick visit to my pocket with my klarus st10 in there.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
way to go! for less the $40 you have one of the best lights available!

emu124

Enlightened
Interesting you say about the med mode being not too much, not too litlle. The med on my e03 is almost indistinguishable from high, it's way too bright for a med mode. Maybe mine's faulty?

+1
I really like this flashlight and for that price it's hard to find a better one IMO.
Although I have to say, mid and high is difficult to distinguish between, especially if it runs on 14500.

...and :welcome: Tony!

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1
I really like this flashlight and for that price it's hard to find a better one IMO.
Although I have to say, mid and high is difficult to distinguish between, especially if it runs on 14500.

...and :welcome: Tony!

Agreed. I do see a bit of a step down when I switch from high to medium, but it's not much. That said, I don't mind it that much, because the medium mode is plenty bright on 14500, so I rarely use the high mode because of it. (Not to mention running it on high makes it heat up pretty fast.) I EDC my E03 (black / T5) in a Quark AA holster on the strap of my cycling bag. It's easy to get to when I need a big blast of light. I don't pocket carry it because it has no clip, but even if it did, I still wouldn't use as my pocket EDC because I don't like unregulated lights, or having a light rattling around in a pocket. But, as a backup for when I need a lot of light quick, it's awfully hard to beat.

Tony1446

Newly Enlightened
Yea after playing around with it on med is pretty bright outside at night maybe too bright. when i first got it it was daylight and I was playing with it in my house I could tell some deference between the 3 modes. outside in the dark it is hard to tell the deference between high and med but all in all still like it. As far is the anodizing goes I havent really been rough on it only time will tell. thanks yall for your post.

Last edited:

country boy

Newly Enlightened
I have the xpg and the xm-l models, love them both, the xpg is a little longer throw, the xm-l more flood and more light up close. The biggest difference is the xpg run time is soooo much more untill it wins my vote. I have only used with 14500's. The best EDC for me I have run across.

Jay611j

Enlightened
I love my Xeno E03 NW, It's one of my favorites due to the really nice tint it has. I use it with the Fenix LD20 clip, and it works great.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
ditto, i love the E03 NWs i have. i actually just started using a WW E03 today and it's spectacular as well. i was afraid the tint would be too orangy/incandescent-y but it's definitely not!