FourSevens        

Thread: Help me select a new LED light to use for work.

Default Help me select a new LED light to use for work.

First, I'm a lurker, you can tell by my post count and join date. I spend a lot of time reading old threads and such and enjoy the forums. Here is what I'm in need of help with.

Currently at work I use a Pelican 8060 and MagCharger with the 700 Lumen Terralux upgrade. The Pelican is the "ole reliable". That thing has *NEVER* died on me since I bought it in December 2007. I can use the crap out of that thing and two weeks later it's still on and then I'll remember to place it on the charger for the night.

The terralux Mag is often what I use. It is an amazing upgrade and throws off a nice white light. The only issue I have is that it is not very foused at all. There isn't even a hotspot really. It works more as a flood I believe.

Because of the environment and where I work, I'm looking for a L.E.D. light that is rechargable (I prefer it to be rechargable but this is not the selling point for me). I'm looking for something over 1,000 Lumens. I would really like to be able to have a "minumum" of 1,000 Lumens I should say. I'd like the beam to fall somewhere between the Pelicans focused beam and the terralux Mags flood. And third, I want to try and stay below $300.. That's the budget for the light.

What suggestions do you have for me? If one variable must be changed, I prefer it to be the battery type one. I'd like to keep my other variables the same. Thanks for the help, I look forward to seeing the suggestions.
    Last edited by fox1x; 09-30-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Default Re: Help me select a new LED light to use for work.

A guy on one of my jobsites brought in a Fenix TK70 for me to look at. pretty impressive but it's BIG.

Olight SR91 1500 lumen with rechargeable battery pack.

I was looking at the OLIGHT SR91... Found it for sale from a vendor for $269.95 with free shipping. (Although, the vendor is not rated on either Bing or Goole so I tried to search them and have not turned up anything negative. But haven't turned up anything positive either.) From some photos, it looks to be approximately the size I would use and it well over 1,500 Lumens and rechargeable. Seems to be a quality light. Unless someone could chime in on another suggestion, this is probably what I'll lean towards. I had looked at the TK70, but the end of it is to big. Not denying its performance or quality; but the shape is not in it for me as of now.

Ironically, someone took my Pelican today. Odd since I was in the market for a light. Seems to have "grown" legs. So, this purchase will be sooner then I thought.