Hows your HA coated TNC parts?

purelite

Enlightened
:thumbsdow

Just got a TNC 1 cell extender in black bored for 18mm. Gotta say not impressed with the HA coating. There are "bare" spots all over the knurling like its been used as an EDC component for a cpl months. This is my first TNC product and I am a bit shocked at the finish quality of a $40 aluminum tube being worse than a $4 Solarforce part.
Good job on the website pics though!!! They make them look like works of art!!!!
i dont mind paying for custom components but its always so disappointing when the quality is subpar with the imported crap.:shrug:

Last edited:

purelite

Enlightened
Re: Not very impressed with TNC 1 cell extender

I came here to complain first. The fact I have to contact TNC or any other manufacturer or retailer to fix a problem that shouldnt be in the first place compels me to stand on my soap box and tell the world what I have experienced. Derogatory comment directed toward other members removed - Norm

I havnt contacted TNC yet. I will contact TNC . And I am also tired of having to contact places who readily and eagerly take my hard earned money and deliver products below the standards they claim to deliver. The reason for even taking the time to post here and have to deal with someone other than TNC like Fyrstormer is that I want others to know there is a chance they will have to deal with the same thing that I have to . This part should NOT have made it into the hands of the consumer unless it was deemed a factory 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:

fyrstormer

Banned

Nothing bad should ever happen; that's why they're called problems, mistakes, accidents, etc. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world and bad things do happen. TnC made me several custom components and each is flawless. I don't know why the part you ordered had damaged or weak anodizing, but I have every reason to believe they will fix your problem if you ask them to. TnC is a respectable company and I'm sure they're quite aware they need to deliver to maintain that level of respect. Complaining publicly might make you feel better, but in the best case it doesn't accomplish anything useful, and in the worst case it can convince someone trying to help you that you're not worth the trouble. Better to call them first and then complain if the problem doesn't get solved, I think.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Complaining publicly might make you feel better, but in the best case it doesn't accomplish anything useful, and in the worst case it can convince someone trying to help you that you're not worth the trouble. Better to call them first and then complain if the problem doesn't get solved

+1

Everything I've ever seen & handled from TNC was top shelf. Posting here before trying to resolve the issue with the manufacturer is self defeating.

purelite

Enlightened

deleted.

Gotta stop being so sensitive.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

Speaking for myself, I would think it completely unreasonable of me to slate somebody publicly for a less than perfect part/product without first giving them a chance to correct the situation.

purelite

Enlightened

I will take the opinions to heart and try to see it from that view point in the future, thanx guys :)