Recommend multi-color light..

stoic1_sc

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to get a new light for hunting and am seeking one that is multi-color, led, and not break the bank. Suggestions? Thanks

cheeman150

Newly Enlightened
definitely go with the gerber recon. u can buy it on ebay for around 30 bucks

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about Streamlight Sidewinder Compact? The "sportsman" model has white, red, green, and blue lights.

cheeman150

Newly Enlightened
that a great light too however its more expensive and has a more complicated user interface, also the ergonomics of the ligt doesn't suit everyone since it is bigger and right angled

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are two options. And it really depends on what the use is for. Why do you need colored light for hunting? Anyway there is the Surefire Kroma. White, blue and red.

I would recommend the 4sevens Quark RGB, it is all flood though but very bright.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
that a great light too however its more expensive and has a more complicated user interface, also the ergonomics of the ligt doesn't suit everyone since it is bigger and right angled

IMO the UI is not complicated at all. Rotate ring to desired color, hold button until it ramps to the right output level. It's not very big at all really and I got the optional headband for mine. I didn't get the sportsman model so I got IR instead of green but it was $45. Very useful light I think.

EDIT: Another big plus for me is the fact that as the battery dies it won't leave you in the dark, it steps down to the next brightness level.

Last edited:

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
definitely go with the gerber recon. u can buy it on ebay for around 30 bucks

I have the Recon light. Ok to navigate through the woods on white light, too dim when using the color filters.

If your old light has the same size bezel, try the color filters from Olight & Jetbeam. Cost $ 6 ea.

Jeat beam : Fits flashlights with head diameter between 1.3"-1.4" (33-36 mm).

Olight M20 :Bezel Diameter: 33.5mm (1.3")

Last edited:

stoic1_sc

Newly Enlightened
There are two options. And it really depends on what the use is for. Why do you need colored light for hunting? Anyway there is the Surefire Kroma. White, blue and red.

I would recommend the 4sevens Quark RGB, it is all flood though but very bright.

The use will be an all around hunting light. Would really like to have green for navigating through the woods in the dark and the other colors for tracking. I looked at the RGB but 4sevens website says it's discontinued and I couldn't find it available anywhere else. Do you know of a place that stocks this light?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's yer budget? The Streamlight Sidewinder is probably a good median between cost and quality, and unlike the Gerber Recon, is actually bright enough for navigation even when using the colored LEDs.

stoic1_sc

Newly Enlightened
What's yer budget? The Streamlight Sidewinder is probably a good median between cost and quality, and unlike the Gerber Recon, is actually bright enough for navigation even when using the colored LEDs.

Definitely would like to stay under $100. I think I'm liking the looks of the sidewinder and the price looks good as well. I'll check up on some reviews of it.

stoic1_sc

Newly Enlightened
This one here has 10 colours (or colors for the Americans) for $25: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/8db4/?srp=1

I'm not looking for one that puts off a rainbow light show. White, Red, Blue, Green will be fine. I think I'm going to go with the olight m20 and at least get a green & blue filter for it. From research it's not the best light, but I'll mainly be using it for hunting and some other outdoor activities.