What do you think of the Jetbeam BC 10? Its cheap, but is it good?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I discovered this light the other day while looking around, and it seems to be very bright for its price.

It is 90mm x 23mm, weighs 47g, uses 1 Cr123A battery, aluminum with type II anodizing, 2 modes(high/low), and has maximum output of 270 lumens. It runs at 270 lumens for 1h 15m, and 30 lumens for 18 hours. It uses a Cree R5 LED.

Most other small lights with any where near 270 lumens will cost around $59-$119, and this light is only $38.90 at Batteryjunction with free shipping!

Granted, it only has 2 modes, and shorter battery life due to only running on 1 CR123 battery, as opposed to similar powered lights which run on 2 Cr123s or 1 18650. I also dont think it has a strobe mode, but I really dont need it.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got it for my wife and she LOVES IT!

She wanted a simple UI with a tail switch. She has an ITP A3 SS on her keys and wanted something extra for her purse.

AutoTech

Enlightened
Was looking for a similar single cr123 light with tail switch myself..

I've settled for the klarus P1c.

It looks amazingly similar to the bc10, has slightly less quoted lumen output (245 vs 270) but not a noticeable amount. I keep reading klarus make lights for other companies and put the klarus name out for themselves, I wonder if jetbeam is one of the ones they manufacture/d.

Quality

Newly Enlightened
Not a bad little light. My friend has one so I've played with it a little bit. I think one of the best things about it is how bright it is on an rcr123. Over 450lm OTF!

swan

Banned
Very good- bargain .It might not cost much but its fit and finish are top notch, the threads, type 111 HA anodizing, mineral glass with anti reflective coating, gold plated contacters , excellent powerful clean 260 tested otf lumens . This little light with its easy ui has been my edc for a couple of months and performed beyond my expectations. The only thing i can fault is the clip, which will scratch type 111 ha in time. This pocket rocket will put a smile on your dial everytime you whack it up on high.

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened
I have to say it is one of the best budget single CR123 lights. I'm fond of a simple UI. The 2 mode head twist I've been using has worked for me on duty and off for years and with the 2 preset levels already is what I usually use anyway. Now with an RCR123, that is a different story. I use the RCR's to impress for the size of the light itself. Needless to say I've gifted two already to my parents along with a a set of 10 CR123's each to last them for awhile.
It's one of the best kept secret since no one in this community talks about it much. I think everyone on here wants new members to buy the latest and most expensive single 123 lights, which yes of course also has infinite output levels.

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
It's a killer light. Simple and super bright with great runtimes. Very good fit/finish and for the price, other than the Klarus P1C (which is also an excellent light), about impossible to beat imo.

I have 10 lights now (many much more expensive and fancy), but I'm always drawn back to this one for it's simple no brainer ligh and low. Low is definitely not low enough for many here, but for my uses it's fine. The beam is excellent and the tint is nice and white no blue/purple/green. A rather squishy tactical switch, but I dig it. Excellent momentary action with thumb pad as well I love this about it.

eh123456

Newly Enlightened
I chose the BC10 over the Klarus P1C because the BC10 can run on 16340 but the P1C can't. With 16340, the P1C is a pocket rocket, but it only lasts for 20-25 minutes on high, not too practical but is nice to show to friends :naughty:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the BC10 a good basic light priced just right from a reputable company that creates good quality lights!

Latest posts