Who has preordered Sunwayman Anniversary Edition Lights?

Snow

Enlightened
The V10R is extremely tempting. I just received the Ti version and it's a sweet light. Having the same thing but with a range of 1-400 lumens would be awesome. I also like the looks of the red ring on it.

damn_hammer

Enlightened
i did! yesterday afternoon, from bj. it's been a long wait for a neutral v10r from sunwayman, but i've held out. now to locate a nice clip for it. i think ku ku is out.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a V10r on the 30th. I found out about the light being on sale after checking the CPF home page new threads. After I ordered the light, I went back to find the thread again and I couldn't find it. I did a Google search and found the link. It was blocked. There must have been a rule violation by posting the sale.

tony22

Newly Enlightened
Well, I've only gotten into high end flashlights recently (been a Maglite guy for many years), but in my short time here on CPF and other light sites I've run across posts and descriptions of great lights which are no longer available. I was not going to bother with these anniversary SWM jobs but the pull of losing out on a sweet model now that I'm into it was too much to pass up. I pre-ordered the V10R. :D

If I had ordered both I would have felt too guilty. :sigh:

hatman

Enlightened
Ah but to get those increased lumens you have to run an Rcr123 yes?

The specs appear to say that the increased lumens require a 16340 battery, which is rated for just 25 minutes of use. But the Battery Junction poop sheet says running the V10R at 400 lumens isn't recommended for more than five minutes.

So what does that leave: a not-very impressive 150 lumens with a Rc123? That is a fair reading of the specs.

Sunwayman, please chime in and correct this if it's wrong -- which I hope it is!

I ordered the V10R Anniversary and I sure wouldn't be satisfied with an output that's not much better than that of my aging Nitecore D10.

Thanks.

dst

Newly Enlightened
I snagged a V10R- addiction is a terrible thing! : )

Ways

Newly Enlightened
The specs appear to say that the increased lumens require a 16340 battery, which is rated for just 25 minutes of use. But the Battery Junction poop sheet says running the V10R at 400 lumens isn't recommended for more than five minutes.

So what does that leave: a not-very impressive 150 lumens with a Rc123? That is a fair reading of the specs.

Sunwayman, please chime in and correct this if it's wrong -- which I hope it is!

I ordered the V10R Anniversary and I sure wouldn't be satisfied with an output that's not much better than that of my aging Nitecore D10.

Thanks.

The specs suggest to me that with an RCR123 the maximum output will be 400 lumens and the maximum runtime would be 25 minutes (you can turn the control ring and lower the output which will in turn increase the runtime!) my take on the part that recommends you not to run in turbo mode for more than 5 minutes would be due to the heat generated. As to the 150 lumen maximum i take that to mean with a CR123 but of course your interpretation may differ.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
The specs could also mean: 1-150 lumens (no matter if CR123A or RCR123) and on top of that the Turbo Mode of 400 Lumens (only accessable with RCR123 and nothing inbetween 150 and 400 lumens, jumps directly from 150 to 400). It´s just a thought because if you use a RCR123 and max is 150 lumens, what would you call the range from 150-400 lumens then and would 400 lumens only be the turbo mode while 380 is still ok to be used more than 5 minutes?

I think it needs to be explained from Sunwayman to be sure how it really is supposed to be.

Eric

Tiggercat

Enlightened
I think the 150 is wrong all around. The Ti version does 210 with an XP-G R5 LED, and the AE has an XM-L T5 LED. Based on what we have seen with other XP-G to XM-L updates, the AE version should be at least a little higher.

tony22

Newly Enlightened
If I read it correctly even the V20A anniversary has a 5 minute limit in Turbo mode.

MatNeh

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if they are still available or if someone is going to be let down later. They were very a popular light and I would figure that up to 40 lights would be sold out by now.
V10R is sold out now at BJ. I was hoping they would announce it in Dealer's Corner but no such luck. Oh well.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darn. I placed it in my cart last night and finally decided to pull the trigger this morning.

When I officially paid for it, I only got charged $1.20 .... for the promotional keychain light. Some time between midnight EST and 10:00am this morning all have been sold out.

Oh well, saved me $99.