V10R Ti 400 Lumen Conversion (CREE XM-L Neutral White T5 LED)

Titanium81

Newly Enlightened
I was reading about the new SUNWAYMAN V10R Anniversary Edition and noticed that it is capable of producing 408 lumens.

It looks identical to the V10R Ti which max is 210 lumens. I am curious if the "guts" could be swapped?

Or if someone knows of a conversion kit?

It would be really nice to have that type of output in the V10R Ti.

Last edited:

Tiggercat

Enlightened
Thats a mistake it 210 as well.

I would actually expect more. The Ti does 210 with an XP-G R5, while the AE has an XM-L T5 LED. Might not be a lot more, but based on the upgrades we have seen on other lights, there should be some increase over the XP-G.

Chongker

Newly Enlightened
Some people have already modded the V10R Ti with an XML, such as in this thread here. The light is notorious for bring difficult to mod, so beware that although it's possible to do so, some determination is needed. Took me some time and trial and error to get it right (messed the driver up while trying to put in a Hi CRI XPG)

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
Some people have already modded the V10R Ti with an XML, such as in this thread here. The light is notorious for bring difficult to mod, so beware that although it's possible to do so, some determination is needed. Took me some time and trial and error to get it right (messed the driver up while trying to put in a Hi CRI XPG)

Were you able to fix the driver? Something id like to know before i ever trying to mod one...

wuyeah

Enlightened
Isn't the light is gonna be super hot after a long period of time!? Current one is very hot after 30min consecutive use.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are not supposed to run the max mode for more tham 5 minutes at the time. (only get's max output with a rcr 16340)