First AA light $100 or less for EDC

lovenhim

Enlightened
Hello everyone. I want to do something for myself which I rarely do....and that is treat myself to a nice flashlight. Here is what I am looking for:

EDC use
$100 max but do not have to spend that much
AA/14500
lo/med/hi (in that order) no goofy blinky modes
clickie switch
pocket clip (prefer switch up/LED down carry....but not a deal breaker)
function of looks, do not need a titanium light
value for the money

Feel free to ask questions and thanks for the help. I am planning on buying in November.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
One of my more recent and favorite lights is the Zebralight SC50w+. Not sure about availability these days. I've never used 14500's in it, but I believe it will accept them. It meets your other specs, too.

Geoff

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can forgive the blinky modes at the end of the cycle, the Quark AA meets your requirements. I disabled Max and Strobe on mine by putting an o-ring inside the head so that I can tighten the head and still keep the regular modes. I still have to tolerate SOS and Beacon at the end of the regular cycle.

The SC51 (and variants) will use a 14500, but you won't see any benefit from it. The SC50 (and variants) will see a benefit from a 14500, but I don't know how much.

--flatline

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
SC51 (or SC51c or SC51F or SC51W or SC51FW), but just run it on eneloops, no need for 14500s. But you do need to unscrew the tailcap to prevent accidental activation in your pocket.